Another first timer on MSC post

LatinaInTexas

Booked the Seashore a few weeks ago and will be sailing 8/6. I have learned a lot from reading posts here but still have a few questions.

We have Fantastica experience and chose early dining time. Does everyone that has early go at the same time or are times staggered?

Is there a specific bar/spot to get specialty coffees? With the drink package is one person allowed to take two cards and order drinks for two or each person has to order for themselves?

It's cabin cleaning offered once or twice daily? Are all mini fridges stocked with mini bar items? Can you request they get removed or move then yourself?

And last but maybe not least what the heck to do in San Juan when we don't arrive until 5pm. It seems we might be limited to walking around for a bit and finding a nice place to have dinner at. Im guessing I won't be able to do the bioluminescent kayak excursion I wanted to do☹️

56 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Booked the Seashore a few weeks ago and will be sailing 8/6. I have learned a lot from reading posts here but still have a few questions.

We have Fantastica experience and chose early dining time. Does everyone that has early go at the same time or are times staggered? Up to four MDRs can be used for dining.  We've only done YC, but I suspect the times will be the same, or within a half hour of each other if all the MDRs are open.  That is likely, since the ship is sailing with many more passengers.

Is there a specific bar/spot to get specialty coffees? Many of the bars have espresso machines, but very fancy drinks you may have to go to Venchi for.  With the drink package is one person allowed to take two cards and order drinks for two or each person has to order for themselves?  All you need is one person and one card.  They will know that there are two people on the package for that room.

It's cabin cleaning offered once or twice daily?  Usually twice.  Are all mini fridges stocked with mini bar items? Not all are stocked.  Usually depends on the level  Fantastica would likely not be fully stocked.  Can you request they get removed or move then yourself? Yes

And last but maybe not least what the heck to do in San Juan when we don't arrive until 5pm. It seems we might be limited to walking around for a bit and finding a nice place to have dinner at. Im guessing I won't be able to do the bioluminescent kayak excursion I wanted to do.  You are right.  Correct.  Only some time to walk around.  The castles close at 6.  ☹️

Answers in your text.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Is there a specific bar/spot to get specialty coffees?

Yes, every ship has one (1) dedicated coffee bar. Usually it is close to the reception, but on the older ships maybe not always. How to find this coffee bar? Search for the iced coffee drinks these are only available here. 

11 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

It's cabin cleaning offered once or twice daily? Are all mini fridges stocked with mini bar items? Can you request they get removed or move then yourself?

Cabin cleaning was offered one time (morning) on our last cruise. Which - as it is MSC - does not mean that it could be two times on other ships/routes. 

The mini fridges are stocked. As it is MSC the room steward sometimes empties it for you if you request for it. Or tells you that you should empty it by yourself and put the stuff in the wardrobe or cupboard. But at least we had it emptied on all our MSC cruises and never got "error" charges for the mini fridge. 

• Thanks 1

I am currently on the Seashore set to arrive in San Juan today at 5pm. 

Cabin cleaning has been twice daily, once in the morning and a nightly turn down.

The mini fridge is half stocked so if you're wanting space to add your own drinks there is plenty of room. I did not ask to have the fridge cleaned out, but the room stewards are very pleasant and no doubt they would offer to do that if asked.

I havent used main dining as the buffet is excellent and the specialty dining even more so.

The only issue I have with the ship is the elevator service it's definitely unique...

I booked the cheap guaranteed balcony offering in Bella class, the status match to diamond has come in very handy as you will soon find out when you go to board.

• Thanks 1

I could not edit my previous post so I will adda little detail to the main dining question..

Your key/ship card will have your main dining info on it, I chose early dining when I booked my ticket as well. Since the seating time and table are already assigned, I dont see that there would be any queing issues. But as mentioned earlier I have not visitied main dining yet.

On the back of my key/ship card it has:

Restaurant: Central Park

Deck: 5

Seating time 17:15

Table # 365

Happy Sails...

• Thanks 1