Diamond 9/6 cruise: “not available” now

californiagirl

I’m booked on this cruise and I just checked the Princess website to see how full my cruise is and I could not find it listed.  When I put in September, Mexico and 1-5 days it came up but is listed as “not available”.  Yikes!  The one prior is not listed either.  The following cruise on 9/11 is available to book.  I booked directly with Princess and have received no notification from Princess.  This is the second cruise for the restart of Diamond.  

What is the general consensus?

I looked a couple of weeks ago to see if the price had dropped and there were lots of empty cabins.  I just did a live chat and the agent could see what I was seeing but could find out nothing more.  It was not listed as sold out on his end.  I think I may come up with a plan B just in case.

Post-covid shutdown life is interesting.  I took my grandkids to McDonalds for breakfast last Saturday and the dining room was closed.  The guy at the drive through said 5 people didn’t show up for work so they couldn’t open the dining room.  Right after that we went to a retail store and there was a sign on the door saying because of staffing issues the hours were reduced and it wouldn’t open until 11:00.  I realize these are first world problems but it is startling none the less.

I just checked,  and it is showing up with prices again.  Suites and minisuites are sold out.  When I tried to pick a cabin I go error messages,  with several different categories. 

Edited by donswife

I am booked on the 9/1/22 5 day sailing of the Diamond Princess.  At least I think I will be.  At this point I'm not so sure about that sailing either.  Last week, when I checked to see how full ship was not full, lots of cabins.  Then shortly after that, the website has been going back and forth from Currently Unavailable to this morning when I checked early, was able to access the cabin category page and then it said sold out in every category.  Now when I check it is back to "Currently Unavailable".  What is going on, your guesses are as good as mine.  Good luck to all of us on these sailings.

I now also see the cabins available but like DavidsNana when I try to book one the message says not available to book.  I’m really hoping it’s a glitch.  If this ship had been in service for several months I wouldn’t think anything of it.  But the fact that the first two cruises have these issues makes me concerned.

I just checked my Sept. 1st cruise again on Diamond out of San Diego and it is still saying "Currently Unavailable".  I just wish that Princess would tell us what is going on so if this cruise is not going to go, then we can get on with it and change sailing to something else.  There are good rates for solos on the Sept. 18th California Coast 7 day cruise and I would probably switch to that one.

News update:  the Sept 1 sailing is still showing as unavailable, but Sept 6 sailing has been labeled as a comedy theme cruise and is now available to book. It also looks like the website was updated, the booking page once you choose a cabin looks different.

Uhoh, we’re booked on the 9/1 Diamond also. 😕

Nothing surprises me at this point. 
So…just went to Princess site, it does show “not

available.” I too noticed that there were a good number of cabins still open (when checked about a week ago).  Hopefully we’ll hear an update soon if it’s cancelled.  

Edited by JoRoy218