Review of Dawn 2/12/06~Professional Viewpoint

seahorse

First and foremost I want to say that I had a great time and met great people.

Ann,

Thank you for your honest review. Sorry you had a few problems, but happy you had a good time. It's amazing how things can be so different for people on the same cruise in the same cabin or suite categories.

To our dismay we found the suite to be in dis-repair. Furniture in the cabin and balcony broken, stains on rug, as well as being "sticky". Curtains hanging askew and dirty, mirror in vanity broken, dust....dust and more dust. It was what I call surface cleaning, dirty socks under the bed:eek: Coffee pot broken, fridge shelves missing. Then the bed....concave and uncomfortable and on the last day they stripped it when we were leaving and the thin mattress pad was very stained and they were leaving it on....ugh. I wouldn`t even let my dog have it to sleep on[quote

Oh boy, I just found this, I know Barb had complained about the bed on a different thread . I will be in AD 10728 in April, and am paying lots of hard earned money treating ourselves to this LUXURY PENTHOUSE SUITE. I would already be trying for an upsell, but have younger family booked across in inside cabin so would have to move both. I will be sure to give a close look, request necessary repairs and post results here when I return. I want you to know I appreciate your honesty and your matter of fact review.

. It is up to you to write a letter or card to the Concierge introducing your self and stating how pleased you are to be on the ship. This is how it is done on the Dawn.

Are you kidding about this?:eek:

Is it my job to write a note to my waiter saying how glad I am to be in the dinning room too?

Are you kidding about this?:eek:

Is it my job to write a note to my waiter saying how glad I am to be in the dinning room too?

Let's hope that someone is kidding about this.

If this is proper protocol, many have been missing the boat for years!! Seems it should be the other way around, if at all.

Sounds pretty silly, as the spoken word works perfectly for introductions.:)

To our dismay we found the suite to be in dis-repair. Furniture in the cabin and balcony broken, stains on rug, as well as being "sticky". Curtains hanging askew and dirty, mirror in vanity broken, dust....dust and more dust. It was what I call surface cleaning, dirty socks under the bed:eek: Coffee pot broken, fridge shelves missing. Then the bed....concave and uncomfortable and on the last day they stripped it when we were leaving and the thin mattress pad was very stained and they were leaving it on....ugh. I wouldn`t even let my dog have it to sleep on[quote

Oh boy, I just found this, I know Barb had complained about the bed on a different thread . I will be in AD 10728 in April, and am paying lots of hard earned money treating ourselves to this LUXURY PENTHOUSE SUITE. I would already be trying for an upsell, but have younger family booked across in inside cabin so would have to move both. I will be sure to give a close look, request necessary repairs and post results here when I return. I want you to know I appreciate your honesty and your matter of fact review.

I will be in 10728 in Feb. 2007. Please if that one is in dis-repair will you have it fixed for me:o ;) ?

Don`t give up that aft suite.....great balcony.....great cabin, and if you have Carmen.....great Butler:)

I have hopes that NCL will do something about the cabins and soft goods.

I will say it again.....I love NCL.....I booked it again and this review was to give a heads up to corporate so it can be fixed.

Thank you for taking the time to post your informative review. We will be going on NCL Majesty in April. We booked it because it was a good deal. We knew nothing of the whole "freestyle" bit. What exactly does that mean? We know it means you aren't limited in dining preferences, but what else does this pertain to?

Also, do you know anything specific about the Majesty? We've heard mixed reviews, but are looking forward to the r&r of the trip.

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi folks,

Just to settle some fears, I was in 10726 during the same cruise as Seahorse and our cabin was in good shape. No broken furniture, major dust or stains. We did have a ripped curtain going to the balcony from getting caught in the door,but all in all, no complaints. We talked to our neighbors on 10728 on a few occasions and they did not complain about your cabin. They did have a great laugh when they overheard my wife speaking with my daughter on our cell phone at $6 a minute asking her if she changed the cat litter and canary cage, as my daughter was trying to tell her she got major scholarship money to her #2 college choice. She'll never live that one down.

Hey Seahorse, maybe we'll book 10726 again in Feb 2007 and I'll scare Alex into treating you well with my good looks :eek: . I already need another cruise.

Greetings Ann! I read this entire thread earlier today, and posted a reply which has apparently been sucked into cyberspace. :o Musta been around the same time as the new sidebars appeared, and some adjustments were being made. :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry to hear your cabin was in such disrepair, and happy to read that you made the very best of the entire situation (as I knew you would). :D

It sounds as though all of you thoroughly enjoyed one another's company onboard, and I'm tickled pink to see that new rollcall! Who knows - if we find a house soon, and the bankbook isn't incinerated by the purchase, perhaps we'll jump onboard with you. ;)

Thanks so much for your wonderfully thorough and truly honest review.

Greetings Ann! I read this entire thread earlier today, and posted a reply which has apparently been sucked into cyberspace. :o Musta been around the same time as the new sidebars appeared, and some adjustments were being made. :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry to hear your cabin was in such disrepair, and happy to read that you made the very best of the entire situation (as I knew you would). :D

It sounds as though all of you thoroughly enjoyed one another's company onboard, and I'm tickled pink to see that new rollcall! Who knows - if we find a house soon, and the bankbook isn't incinerated by the purchase, perhaps we'll jump onboard with you. ;)

Thanks so much for your wonderfully thorough and truly honest review.

Thanks Pepper.....we did have a great group. We would love to have you join us:D

• 3 weeks later...
Jeanne S - The concierge (Alex) visited with us upon boarding and we were in an AC. He also checked in with us frequently - and we didn't ask for very much - other than a standing reservation at Impressions (due to food allergy issues).

As for cleanliness, we had an issue with our room steward. The coffee pot/grounds were always dirty and not cleaned out. At least one mug was missing or both were dirty. We just cleaned it up ourselves (along with straightening out the room that wasn't done by the steward). We're not messy people and it's easy enough for me to keep up. We just didn't give the steward any "extra" tip.

So the Conceirge does stop by all suites then.

It never fails to amaze me how the level of stewards in suites can range from excellent to poor. It is supposed to be that the better you become the higher up in category you care for.

We had a steward for our family cruise in 2002 and had 3 adjacent suites. He was all personality, charming my parents, the grandchilden, nieces and my sister who wrote glowing reviews about him on the comment cards (so I can see why her was promoted up stairs). Only my mother and I were not pleased with the cleanliness and after this experience I never again gave a tip at the begining of the cruise. At the end of the cruise he seemed dissapointed that there was no further tipping except for the basic that is posted to the accounts.

Archived