Review of Dawn 2/12/06~Professional Viewpoint

seahorse

I did fill out the card, but at the time wondered if it would do any good. Is it possible for someone to discard the cards with negative comments before they are turned into NCL. I did receive a survey from NCL in my e-mail yesterday, they asked for my opion since I was recently on an NCL cruise. I filled that out also. As far as writing to Miami, it is not worth it to me. I don't really care if they make any changes or not. I will just try another cruise line. I really enjoy Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Carnival. I am planning on booking another cruise for this summer, just me and the kids this time. It will be our vacation for the summer, I would like to try Holland America or Princess.

I would put it on your survey that you were not satisfied and that you are going to try another cruise line........just for our sakes, please:o

Thank You.

Ce; with kids I would think twice about HAL. Princess would be a better bet, but still better would be to stick with RCI or Carnival. Of course if you are planing on the Caribbean you won't have many choices as most all the ships will be in Europe or Alaska. NMNita

We enjoyed our cruise very much. Had been on the Dawn in November and, to be honest, can't remember enough about the food to know the difference. I was able to find something I wanted on the menu every night (and I don't eat red meats). Only ordered the "plain" chicken one time. The portions were fine for us because we order most of the courses and are very full at the end of dinner.

One thing I did notice - it seemed to me that the cabin stewards had more cabins to take care of than before. Could be wrong about that, of course.

Also, on the last morning, we ate breakfast at the Venetian. The waitresses around us all looked very upset and were not their usual smiling selves. We wondered what had happened.

Will certainly cruise on Norwegian again. Have the Baltic and Hawaiian cruises reserved. We're so addicted!

Thank you Seahorse for the unbiased review! I can't wait to sail the Dawn!!

Any tips or secrets you'd like to share? ;)

~Connie

Connie,

Then they wouldn`t be secrets anymore:D Love your tequila thing.

My secret is to enjoy yourselves. Unfortunately when I go anywhere I have to look at everything through many "eyes" Mine and my clients.

I always have a great time. Just sitting on my balcony and watching the sea with a cup of coffee or a martini watching the sunrise or sunset is a joy.

I do realize that is not the way everyone cruises tho.....so I am always "working". I worked real hard at the Martini Clinics:eek:

Have a great time:)

We enjoyed our cruise very much. Had been on the Dawn in November and, to be honest, can't remember enough about the food to know the difference. I was able to find something I wanted on the menu every night (and I don't eat red meats). Only ordered the "plain" chicken one time. The portions were fine for us because we order most of the courses and are very full at the end of dinner.

One thing I did notice - it seemed to me that the cabin stewards had more cabins to take care of than before. Could be wrong about that, of course.

Also, on the last morning, we ate breakfast at the Venetian. The waitresses around us all looked very upset and were not their usual smiling selves. We wondered what had happened.

Will certainly cruise on Norwegian again. Have the Baltic and Hawaiian cruises reserved. We're so addicted!

If you don't eat red meat you should have been fine. The primary change in my view was more seafood and chicken and less red meat. I remember years ago on NCL there was always the steak of the day in addition to the normal selections.

As far as the folks being upset the last day. The crew had to go thru imagration and documentation review upon our return. Perhaps there was an issue or two with some of the crew.

Greetings all!

seahorse--Thanks for the reminder about having dinner served in the suite. I'd love to do that, but am waiting until I get to know our butler before making a final decision. While past NCL butlers have spoiled us rotten, we had a miserable experience with the butler on the Celebrity Millennium about a year ago.

It was our cousins' first cruise, and based on that experience they've decided they don't like cruising. They're joining us on this sailing ONLY because it's our 25th anniversary (we're renewing our vows at Mullet Bay Beach in St. Maarten). I'm not saying much about the cruise in the hopes they'll be pleasantly surprised. The one thing I'm telling them in advance is that NCL is nearing the end of a three-month test of a new menu, with mixed reviews.

Cosmopolitan and greenie--We'll be on the Dawn's 3/16 sailing (14 days, but who's counting?), in Suite 10006. Our friends will be in the connecting Penthouse 10008, and our cousins in the connecting balcony stateroom 10002. Our boys will be across the hall in the corner interior stateroom. We'll have fun regardless!

I really appreciate all the tips and information the three of you provide!

Carla

Seahorse,

I almost hate to ask this question based on your cabin experience. My DW are on the Dawn 3/16 cruise and purchased an upsell from 10230 to 10228. Which Cat AD were you in?

Thanks,

Jay

Seahorse,

I almost hate to ask this question based on your cabin experience. My DW are on the Dawn 3/16 cruise and purchased an upsell from 10230 to 10228. Which Cat AD were you in?

Thanks,

Jay

We were in cabin 10228:o I suggest that you get an extra duvet and put it UNDER the sheet on the mattress.......and take a look at that mattress pad:eek: Make sure that you get a new one.......maybe they replaced it already:)

If you find any dirty socks or......under the bed......they are not ours:D

Enjoy the view, it is brilliant and it is so quiet back there.

If you have Carmen tell her we said hello (I am sure she will not remember us, but you never know).

Seahorse,

Thanks,

Jay

Wow, we just booked the 10230 because Seahorse had mentioned the balcony, and now I am wondering and probably hoping that we get offered an upsell for our cruise!

Thanks for your info on this:p

If you don't eat red meat you should have been fine. The primary change in my view was more seafood and chicken and less red meat. I remember years ago on NCL there was always the steak of the day in addition to the normal selections.

Very funny, .. many years ago my parents went on an NCL cruise and said the beef was very tough; inedible.. To this day when we mention NCl the beef topic will come up.

I will usually get the filet mignon or tenderloin only and have been very pleased, otherwise it's seafood, pasta, or chicken dishes for me.

This should make NCL cruisers pleased, on the Celebrity Zenith Oct. '05 the filet mignon was very dry and tough, veal cordon bleu (chef special) was tough and awful, pork roulade raw in the middle and processed tasting, and we're not picky eaters. Give me NCL meals anytime...

Greetings all!

seahorse--Thanks for the reminder about having dinner served in the suite. I'd love to do that, but am waiting until I get to know our butler before making a final decision. While past NCL butlers have spoiled us rotten, we had a miserable experience with the butler on the Celebrity Millennium about a year ago.

It was our cousins' first cruise, and based on that experience they've decided they don't like cruising. They're joining us on this sailing ONLY because it's our 25th anniversary (we're renewing our vows at Mullet Bay Beach in St. Maarten). I'm not saying much about the cruise in the hopes they'll be pleasantly surprised. The one thing I'm telling them in advance is that NCL is nearing the end of a three-month test of a new menu, with mixed reviews.

Cosmopolitan and greenie--We'll be on the Dawn's 3/16 sailing (14 days, but who's counting?), in Suite 10006. Our friends will be in the connecting Penthouse 10008, and our cousins in the connecting balcony stateroom 10002. Our boys will be across the hall in the corner interior stateroom. We'll have fun regardless!

Carla

Carla, you lucky thang--

you will have a wonderful experienxe. All those cabins together--how fun! I have never been in 10006 (was in 9506). I would have, but Cosmopolitan refused to let me take a tour ;) :D when she was living above me!

Have a GREAT time and smooth seas. I wonder if Corinne is still there ...

How many suites onboard the Dawn does the Concierge have to look after? Maybe you are right - there are probably too many cabins for one person to look after giving, "special attention" ... I guess if I was paying top $$$ for a AA then I would like more attention too!

There's 105 mini suites aboard the Dawn, vs 40 suites.

Compared to the Sun, as an example, there's 44 mini-suites vs 10 suites.

The Concierge is overworked on the Dawn in comparison to the Sun, and more so when compared to the Spirit which has 18 suites.

Is this true? When do the new menus come? I wonder what will be different.

Given the track record of information forthcoming from NCL, we do not know if the menus will change or when. It is not only the menus,it is the food in general, including the buffets.

There's 105 mini suites aboard the Dawn, vs 40 suites.

Compared to the Sun, as an example, there's 44 mini-suites vs 10 suites.

The Concierge is overworked on the Dawn in comparison to the Sun, and more so when compared to the Spirit which has 18 suites.

The Star Concierge was fantastic:D My opinion is that there should be 2 concierge on the Dawn....one for the suites and one for the Mini`s.

Seahorse...nice review...thanks

We were on the Sun In January and the Concierge , Ancor was terrible...and we were in an AA..personal attention..not even close !!

On our October Dawn trip we had Claudio and he was fantastic...He took care of all our reservations since we ate in the specialty almost every night, took care of our shore excursions...He was a true professional and did his job well..Every evening he would check with us in the dining rooms to see if everything was ok...

We met several passengers in suites,from GV to AE, and all raved about him.BTW we were in an AE...not a $$$ cabin.

I still cant understand why posters make excuses for poor service...:confused: Landslides...too many cabins...I just dont get it...again most of the CC posters are repeat cruises and know what they have experienced in the past...

If you pay for conceirge service you should get what you pay for..

Seahorse...nice review...thanks

We were on the Sun In January and the Concierge , Ancor was terrible...and we were in an AA..personal attention..not even close !!

On our October Dawn trip we had Claudio and he was fantastic...He took care of all our reservations since we ate in the specialty almost every night, took care of our shore excursions...He was a true professional and did his job well..Every evening he would check with us in the dining rooms to see if everything was ok...

We met several passengers in suites,from GV to AE, and all raved about him.BTW we were in an AE...not a $$$ cabin.

I still cant understand why posters make excuses for poor service...:confused: Landslides...too many cabins...I just dont get it...again most of the CC posters are repeat cruises and know what they have experienced in the past...

If you pay for concierge service you should get what you pay for..

I agree......if you pay for it .......you should get it, but sometimes you pick your battles. There was no way I was going to complain about dust when the cabin stewards friends and family were under 30' of mud:(

I felt that too much attention was given to the $$$ cabins. Like I said....a phone call.....a note.......".is there anything that I can do for you?" My non-tip was my response.

My cabin didn`t exactly cost chump change.......full price, no up sell.

We had a pull out bed problem on the Sun..the frame was bent , twisted and a total disaster..After mentioning it to our room stewardess she suggested we call the head of housekeeping...In a short time he appeared and inspected the bed. He could not the believe its condition , especially someone tried to repair it.....In a very short time it was replaced with a bed....he was totally embarrassed and could not have been more appologetic...

When it comes to repair complaints go right to Housekeeping...

Greetings all!

Carla

Well, I'm not Cosmopolitan or Greenie but we did enjoy 10006 .. wonderful closet and a nice comfortable space.

I've got some pictures of the cabin (the decor is different that the example AA on line), I just have to get around the pictures posted.

Ada

We had a pull out bed problem on the Sun..the frame was bent , twisted and a total disaster..After mentioning it to our room stewardess she suggested we call the head of housekeeping...In a short time he appeared and inspected the bed. He could not the believe its condition , especially someone tried to repair it.....In a very short time it was replaced with a bed....he was totally embarrassed and could not have been more appologetic...

When it comes to repair complaints go right to Housekeeping...

In hindsight I guess that I should have about the bed, or mattress. Not sure if the bed was bent.

Those suites need a good re-furb.

Archived