Does spouse/travel partner also have to quarantine??

sbaker

If you get Covid and have to move to a different cabin to quarantine/isolate, does your spouse/travel partner also have to move cabins and quarantine since they are a close contact and have been exposed?  Or can they stay in their original cabin if they test negative?

There have been a number of posts by people in this situation and the answer has varied. Among what has happened on various ships:

o The spouse/travel partner who is not positive may have a choice of going into quarantine or staying in the original cabin.

o The spouse/travel partner who is not positive may have to join the person who is positive.

o If staying in the original cabin, the person may or may not be restricted on where he/she can go on the ship. For example, the person may be told he/she has to eat all meals in the cabin.

On our May British Isles cruise DH tested positive and was moved is Isolation deck.  No option to accompany him.   I was allowed to go about normal activities masked but required to eat in cabin.   No follow up testing.

If you have to quarantine, are you put into the same type of room you booked (balcony to balcony and mini suite to mini suite) or are they all the same type of room regardless of your original booking?

9 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

If you have to quarantine, are you put into the same type of room you booked (balcony to balcony and mini suite to mini suite) or are they all the same type of room regardless of your original booking?

No, on the Emerald in February we went from a mini-suite to a regular balcony for isolation.

• Thanks 1

My wife tested positive on Regal in June. I did not have to quarantine with her, it wasn’t even mentioned or suggested. There were no guidelines given to me about doing anything differently and I wasn’t retested. Of course I took extreme caution and tested myself everyday with kits we had brought from home. I ate alone in the buffet or ordered room service, wore a mask all the time, and generally stayed away from people. I never did test positive and she was released from quarantine on the third last day of the cruise after testing negative.