Ocean Terminal Embarkation

cruise saint

We are on Britannia in three weeks (yayy).  We've cruised on her twice before,  both times from Ocean Terminal.   We're booked in with CPS.  Do they still take your luggage for you as you leave the car, or do you have to take it to the hole in the wall yourself?  If so, are there plenty of trollies available? They took our luggage on both previous occasions,  but I seem to remember reading on here that they don't do that now.

On the positive side, we're delighted with our 2pm embarkation time - much better than the other tow which we're 3.30pm. We're in exactly the same cabin as the two previous cruises (D411), so that would appear to rule out the boarding by deck theory. 

22 minutes ago, cruise saint said:

We are on Britannia in three weeks (yayy).  We've cruised on her twice before,  both times from Ocean Terminal.   We're booked in with CPS.  Do they still take your luggage for you as you leave the car, or do you have to take it to the hole in the wall yourself?  If so, are there plenty of trollies available? They took our luggage on both previous occasions,  but I seem to remember reading on here that they don't do that now.

On the positive side, we're delighted with our 2pm embarkation time - much better than the other tow which we're 3.30pm. We're in exactly the same cabin as the two previous cruises (D411), so that would appear to rule out the boarding by deck theory. 

Had to take the luggage ourselves a few weeks ago. Didn't notice any trolleys,  but to be fair, I wasn't looking for them.

Just now, Billish said:

Had to take the luggage ourselves a few weeks ago. Didn't notice any trolleys,  but to be fair, I wasn't looking for them.

How far do you have to take them? I've never actually noticed the hole in the wall before.

4 minutes ago, cruise saint said:

How far do you have to take them? I've never actually noticed the hole in the wall before.

We were in the CPS queue, so to a certain extent it depends where your car is, but no more than 50 yards or so.

• Like 1

We were in Ocean Terminal for our last cruise, CPS came along took the usual photos of the car, we handed over our keys, took the luggage out of the car and walked across to where the porters were take the luggage and putting through the hole in the wall.  The luggage was in our cabin when we boarded.

• Thanks 2