How to add photo to my name?

On 7/31/2022 at 12:59 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I removed an old photo and took a new one.  It is my cover photo now on my profile page, but on a thread it is just an initial.

can you tell me how to do this, please?

@MagnoliaBlossom

Howdy from a fellow Texan!

Here is a previous thread on this forum that should be helpful in changing your Profile Photo:

Don't forget to click the Continue button and then the Save button during the process.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

Thank you for the information.   I know LaMarque well., our daughter lived in Galveston for four years  and I’d visit and explore the area.  I am so excited about the new cruise terminal and NCL returning to the Texaribbean.  I hope they celebrate by using the Logo they created when they crafted the term Texaribbean - rodeo style cowboy riding a dolphin.  I’m sure it’s too cheesy nowadays, but I thought it was humorous.

it would be nice if onnthe RCL  board we had a sticky about the progress of the terminal and news about the cruise lines who will be returning there.

as always, thanks for the great job you and your fellow hosts do.

Georgia

Tyler, Tx

• Thanks 1

Kat, I am feeling so. Rey stupid, but this is crazy.

Just to prove to myself that I could do this I reloaded the old photo, easy Peary,

then I tried to upload the same photo I use on my cover photo, and it just wouldn’t do, but when it finally did, it’s upside down and I cannot rotate it.  Crop, yes, rotate no.   I tried retaking the photo from the framed one and it says the file is too big so was ignored.

6 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Kat, I am feeling so. Rey stupid, but this is crazy.

Just to prove to myself that I could do this I reloaded the old photo, easy Peary,

then I tried to upload the same photo I use on my cover photo, and it just wouldn’t do, but when it finally did, it’s upside down and I cannot rotate it.  Crop, yes, rotate no.   I tried retaking the photo from the framed one and it says the file is too big so was ignored.

Perhaps something in the following fairly recent thread will be helpful: Vertical (portrait) photos loading sideways

If you are using an iPad, perhaps post #74 or others in the oldie but goodie iPad problems anyone? will help.

Otherwise... I can only suggest you contact CC Help Michell at help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record. She has taken over CC Help Jenn's job duties. Be sure to include your user name, your type of device and browser information in your email.

Good luck! 🍀

Thank you for the tips.  Some of it Greek to me but as you can see we’re no longer upside down (although DH says it pretty defines our world right now).  What did the trick for me was the discussion about iPad vs other electronics, so on the off chance it would work I reloaded the pic with my iPhone rather than iPad and, voila, all is right I the world again.  This is such a relief - it gets embarrassing having to call mt 13 year old grandson to come fix my electronics.

thanks for your help.

Ga from Rose City

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

... This is such a relief - it gets embarrassing having to call mt 13 year old grandson to come fix my electronics...

Congratulations and glad to be of service! For me, it is my 18-year-old great-nephew.