Carnival Panorama steakhouse

PandJ60

My wife and I will be on the Panorama at the end of August. I was thinking of making reservations at the steakhouse as we’ve never eaten there on Carnival, but have on NCL and RC.

My question is what menu is used on the Panorama? On the Panorama website it shows a limited menu of 8 appetizers. But the Carnival Steakhouse menu shows more extensive items like pork belly and bone marrow. Even on YouTube I’ve seen people order from what looks like two different menus on the Panorama.

Has anyone eaten at the Panorama steakhouse recently and which menu was used. Your help would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, snowdogsmm said:

are nice men's golf shorts acceptable in the steakhouse?

If you look nice it shouldn't be a problem, I wore shorts but it was the first night and I looked presentable, not jean shorts, swim shorts or casual cotton type shorts, proper chino shorts and a buttoned shirt with a collar. Another poster regaled us with her experience with her husband wearing shorts and being turned away, not sure what day or what type of shorts and outfit combo but I suspect your golf shorts should be fine. I have a pair of golf shorts and they are meant to go from the links to a restaurant or casual business meeting, most are, you should be good, especially if the first night, but technically there is a potential for conflict, though, as I said, unless you're wearing cut off shorts with tube socks pulled up to your knees and rocking Nike Cortez, you'll probably be good. CA is a casual type place, most people doesn't even wear suits to the office. Nice shirt with buttons/collar, business casual type shorts and clean stylish shoes (boat, loafers etc) and I doubt you'll get any flack. Have a great trip!     

• Like 1

They are pragmatic in the Steakhouse. If the venue is fully booked with people standing waiting for a cancellation, you will be sent to your cabin for long pants. If it is a slow night it could be "look the other way" night and a speedo with a wife-beater might be served. On five cruises this year the eatery was always full, and all gentlemen dressed the part. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, snowdogsmm said:

are nice men's golf shorts acceptable in the steakhouse?

Three months ago on Panorama my cousin and his mom arrived at the steakhouse with him wearing linen dress shorts and he was turned away by the huffy hostess. They heard later that on Panorama it can be a matter of who is on duty at the host stand whether you can or cannot wear dress shorts. Good luck. 

We got a phone message in our stateroom the day of our our reservation, confirming, and reminding us that long pants for men was required.  All the men had long pants when we went, so not sure just how picky they were.  

• 3 weeks later...