DMW Reservations for Seven

Wichard

I am trying to make recurring diner reservations, for Regal in November, for myself and six travel companions but the App and the web version of Medallion just gives me an error the no times or dining rooms are available.  I can make reservations for two with no issues but not seven.  

Before I spend hours on the phone with Princess has anyone been successful with a large party reservation(s)?

I am wondering if Princess is limiting the table size to two or four based upon Covid considerations.

Richard 

14 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

have you added their booking number to the app as travel companions? We have a group of 8, with 3 cabins on the Regal and have been able to make reservations for each night on the app

Yes I did but I tried making one reservation for the cruise at the same time and dining room.  I will try to book individual nights separately to see if that makes a difference.

1 minute ago, Wichard said:

Yes I did but I tried making one reservation for the cruise at the same time and dining room.  I will try to book individual nights separately to see if that makes a difference.

make sure that you click beside their names for each night....

6 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

make sure that you click beside their names for each night....

chrysalis, thank you for the quick reply.  I was able to go to each night individually and make the reservation for all seven, same time and room, without any problem.  Why the app would not let me do one reservation for the cruise is a mystery but I accomplished my goal in spite of it.

I appreciate your answer that it was possible and it made me thing of the alternative method.

Richard 

2 minutes ago, Wichard said:

chrysalis, thank you for the quick reply.  I was able to go to each night individually and make the reservation for all seven, same time and room, without any problem.  Why the app would not let me do one reservation for the cruise is a mystery but I accomplished my goal in spite of it.

I appreciate your answer that it was possible and it made me thing of the alternative method.

Richard 

You are welcome....see you on board!

6 hours ago, Wichard said:

Richard 

Try to book the whole cruise again sometime.  (When you did the individual night bookings for the Dining Party of 7, did it always come back and give you a Private confirmation, or were any Split Table confirmations)?

You are correct - if the app can assign you space at the same time and DR by individual nights, it ought to be able to do the same for the entire voyage option.  But it is a flaky to be sure.

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Try to book the whole cruise again sometime.  (When you did the individual night bookings for the Dining Party of 7, did it always come back and give you a Private confirmation, or were any Split Table confirmations)?

You are correct - if the app can assign you space at the same time and DR by individual nights, it ought to be able to do the same for the entire voyage option.  But it is a flaky to be sure.

It is a private table reservation so all is good.  I am going to leave it as is since I do not want to tempt fate and possibly screw it up.  

We've done various cruises with groups of 4, 6. 8. and 14.  We've had to do each night individually.  Word of advice, even though you have the same group, same time, and same dining room, do not assume you will get the same table every night.  It is logical that you would, but the app throws all logic to the wind.  If you want the same table, be sure to see the head waiter, for your section, the first night and let him know that is what is what you expect. 

8 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

We've done various cruises with groups of 4, 6. 8. and 14.  We've had to do each night individually.  Word of advice, even though you have the same group, same time, and same dining room, do not assume you will get the same table every night.  It is logical that you would, but the app throws all logic to the wind.  If you want the same table, be sure to see the head waiter, for your section, the first night and let him know that is what is what you expect. 

Thank you, I will definitely speak to the head waiter.