What is the pick up location for car rental in Rhodes?

travelbug2225

I would think you would be in the port :).  I am not sure about that particular company, but when we recently (April) rented a car during a port day our rental company delivered the car to the street right outside the port.  There were multiple rental car offices located across the street within a 5 min walk of the port.

If you are unsure of the location for your car you might want to just e-mail or telephone the agency and ask for specific directions.

Hank

P.S.  If you are planning to drive to Lindos...good luck with parking.  It was horrendous in April so I cannot even imagine the situation in the high season.

This page on their website seems to articulate the different locations they can get a car to you.

https://www.rodoscars.gr/rent-a-car-in-rhodes-stations/

From that page:

Rhodes Port - "Rent a car in Rhodes and pick up your hired car from the car rental station in Rhodes port by selecting Rodos Cars. Our friendly staff at our Rhodes port office can arrange delivery of your hired car directly to your boat for your convenience at no extra charge."

Rhodes Town - "Book your car rental in Rhodes Town from Rodos Cars and pick up the car from anywhere in Rhodes Town. Our specialized staff will undertake to deliver the car to the place you wish and give you all the information you want at absolutely no extra cost."

Edited by MeHeartCruising

In Rhodes port, several rental companies have their counters set up in several permanent structures (36.4440N 28.2323E, but there may be others).  If the company that you are renting from is there, you just have to walk there and follow their instructions.  

If the car rental company is not there, like was our case, they will meet with you someplace along the waterfront.  You'll need to be in touch with them by e-mail, Whatsap, or by telephone.  Meeting them curbside seems typical in Rhodes.

Just make sure that you are not renting from the airport.

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2022 at 10:02 PM, Hlitner said:

I would think you would be in the port :).  I am not sure about that particular company, but when we recently (April) rented a car during a port day our rental company delivered the car to the street right outside the port.  There were multiple rental car offices located across the street within a 5 min walk of the port.

If you are unsure of the location for your car you might want to just e-mail or telephone the agency and ask for specific directions.

Hank

P.S.  If you are planning to drive to Lindos...good luck with parking.  It was horrendous in April so I cannot even imagine the situation in the high season.

@Hlitner I know this is a somewhat old thread but I remember you frequently rent cars in Greece and it's been a while since I've done it..... do you need an International Driver Permit to rent a car? I remember getting them in the past but I don't recall if Greece was one of the countries where I needed one

4 hours ago, vjmatty said:

@Hlitner I know this is a somewhat old thread but I remember you frequently rent cars in Greece and it's been a while since I've done it..... do you need an International Driver Permit to rent a car? I remember getting them in the past but I don't recall if Greece was one of the countries where I needed one

I believe that Greek Law requires foreign (non  EU) folks to have an International Drivers Permit.  That being said, nobody has ever ask to see ours.   When we are going to rent in Greece or Italy, we usually carry a valid IDP.

Hank

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I believe that Greek Law requires foreign (non  EU) folks to have an International Drivers Permit.  That being said, nobody has ever ask to see ours.   When we are going to rent in Greece or Italy, we usually carry a valid IDP.

Hank

Thanks….with half the AAA offices in my area closed it is kind of a pain but better to be prepared