Ocean Voyager in Chicago

seacruise9

Hi, 

I live in downtown Chicago near Navy Pier. Yesterday, I watched the Ocean Voyager sail from Chicago. See below for one of my photos of the ship. I have seen both the Ocean Voyager and the Ocean Navigator during their recent stops in Chicago. They look like nice ships. I know that they are on a series of Great Lakes cruises between Chicago and Toronto.

Has anyone taken one of these cruises from Chicago? After many years of flying to cruises, I think it would be fun to be able to walk from home and embark on a cruise.

Chuck

Ocean Voyager (8-1-22).jpg

• Like 1

I have always wanted to do a Great Lakes cruise, so while still aboard the American Queen enroute from Alton to Pittsburgh, I took advantage of the on board incentives to book the Ocean Voyager for 2024 from Chicago thru all five Great Lakes then down the Seaway all the way to Montreal.   I have already sailed the other end of the St. Lawrence from Montreal to the Atlantic on larger cruise ships.

I considered the other lines offering Great Lakes cruises, but I believe only American Queen Voyages start from Chicago.   The others start from Wisconsin.

• 2 months later...
On 8/12/2022 at 9:11 AM, wandb said:

Bob, how much of an incentive did AQV offer if you book onboard?  There was no future cruise consultant on board our last cruise, so we couldn't get any first hand info on that. 

when you book a future cruise onboard any AQV boat, they give you 10% off the cruise rate plus the best discount available at the time of the booking, and 100 onboard cruise credit. Deposit is $500 or $1,000 per person depending on the length of the cruise, which is better than the cruise paid in full at time of booking. Final payment due 120 days before the cruise.