what happened to my sparklee name??

I know it's been a while since we've been on a cruise, but my signature used to have a sparklee "Kathy" and I could put a countdown clock with my signature too!

What happened???  I can't even find a link for either one.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:04 PM, CHECKER148 said:

I know it's been a while since we've been on a cruise, but my signature used to have a sparklee "Kathy" and I could put a countdown clock with my signature too!

What happened???  I can't even find a link for either one.

Howdy @CHECKER148 and welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards! To help you out I have moved your new thread to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it will be on topic.

The oldie but goodie https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm link for Cruise Critic Countdown Clocks will NO LONGER work in a Cruise Critic signature. Probably the same with the code for your "sparklee Kathy" too. I have removed the dead codes for both from your signature.

The Cruise Critic Countdown Clock from the old vBulletin software that we all knew and loved has passed away and is not to be resurrected in the future. This is due to the new servers back in May 2019, not the new Invision Community software currently in use at this time since the October 2018 conversion from vBulletin software. For more information about the situation, please read CC Help Jenn's post #57 and then Laura's post #62 in an old thread in this forum titled Countdown Clocks started back in May 2019.

Please feel free to look for a compatible cruise countdown clock on Google or your cruise line website. Or note the countdown clock types currently showing in the signatures of your fellow Cruise Critic members. Find one you like, create it, and then paste the code into your signature as directed by your chosen countdown clock website.

BTW, just a friendly reminder of the Signatures section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Signatures

Cruise Critic has the following suggestions for keeping your online signatures manageable:
  • Keep your images to around three (approx) -- which would include a picture, clipart, photo or your countdown.
  • Try not to have any one image that is TOO large, which then takes additional time for your fellow members to download,
  • If you have a LONG LIST of prior cruises, think about chopping off some, OR rearrange them horizontally rather than vertically;
  • From time to time, browse through your signature and eliminate any extra blank lines, or old countdown codes, etc.

Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove/delete portions of your online signature and will let you know that we've had to resize your online signature.

Also, do not worry about the number of lines. They are unlimited. However, it is greatly appreciated by all if you try to keep your signature as small as possible. It may take a while for all your signature to show up when your fellow Cruise Critic members use the Expand signature feature on one of your posts.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! 

Host Kat