Tampa - Radisson Inn or Residence Inn.

BLUEICE

Wondering if fellow CC'ers could help me decide.

I curently have the Radisson (Courtney Campbell Causeway) and the Residence Inn (East Tyler Blvd?) currently booked and not sure which one to take.

It will be myself, DH and DD (10) and will be staying two nights pre cruise during Easter Weekend.

Looking for something close to restaurants and within reasonable distance to Busch Gardens and a safe area.

Thanks for your help and any additional feedback would be appreciated.

DH and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott which shares the property and pool with the Residence Inn prior to our cruise last summer. I wasn't really impressed with the area - it's downtown and not in that great of an area. We had to take the hotel shuttle to get to restaurants at Channelside and Ybor City.

I don't know anything about the Radisson but if I had to book a hotel again, I'd stay away from the Tyler St./Cass Street area. JMO :)

We didn't go into the Residence Inn - so it may be very nice inside. The outside looked fine as well. I suppose my remarks are based more on the general area. I definitely wouln't walk around after dark in that vicinity. Again, JMO!

Downtown Tampa closes by about 3 PM - and it gets pretty creepy at night...not that I think there is alot of crime - but it is just dead. A better choice might be Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City - lots of things open at night there - and close to the pier.

If you want something close to Busch Gardens - there is an Embassy Suites on the USF campus which is probably the nicest hotel in the Area. Busch Gardens is not very close to the pier however.

Radisson on Courtney Campbell is a dump.

Thanks for sharing your information as I really appreciate it.

We will not be venturing out or doing a downtown thing. We do hope to go to Busch Gardens or some other area attraction on Sunday (which is Easter).

Main thing is that the hotel is clean.

Archived