Ravenna.

chromered7

On 8/4/2022 at 7:27 PM, chromered7 said:

What has been the experience of my fellow cruisers in relation to getting from Ravenna to Venice airport? There was some talk of coach’s being provided by Celebrity, private transfer and using the train. Any help or advice would be welcome.

I’m afraid we won’t be using ‘Venice’ as a turnaround port again so long as Ravenna is the temporary substitute.

The road from Venice to Ravenna is a single lane in each direction. It’s full of trucks, all doing around 30-35MPH. The distance is maybe 90 miles but it’s a minimum 2.5 hours as the route is clogged. We did it by X bus transfer from airport to ship and private hire for the return as the coach transfer was a nightmare (a small group of our fellow travellers insisted on stopping at a McDonald’s en-route, and the driver didn’t have enough English <or spherical things> to refuse, despite being < half hour from the ship).

IF self disembarkation really had been 06h30 as Celebrity said on board, we would have missed our flights (booked and paid for pre-pandemic in 2019 so prior to the change). Luckily, the ship docks at 5am and we were off at 05h40.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@kelitino There is nothing at the port.  The town of Porto Corsini which you pass through on the way to the port has a grocery store of some sort according to Google.  Whether or not said store sells any type of alcoholic beverages is unclear.  Based on their website it does not appear so.

https://www.crai-supermercati.it

Based on most of the Google reviews their prices are high, but one review mentions wine.  I think your best bet is to bring your wine with you from wherever your transfer originates.  Based on what we saw of this town it is not a tourist area, but more of a working class area.

Last year we passed on the Celebrity shuttles from Venice to Ravenna, no way we wanted to be on a crowded bus with 30 plus strangers for 2 hours. We had 4 in our party and we used a private minivan transfer for the 4 of us for about $100pp. He picked us up at the parking center on Venice Island after our 3 day pre cruise visit.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 2:42 PM, Phils01 said:

We were on Royal Caribbean in May from Ravenna, first day on the cruise they had a flyer in our cabin asking what our travel options were at the end of the cruise and offered transport to Venice and Bologna. We booked the bus with them and it worked no problem, got on the bus in front of the ship and dropped us off in the car park of Venice airport in about 2.5hrs

Hi! What time did the bus leave Ravenna to VCE airport? What time did you arrive at VCE airport. Do you think if a Celebrity ships docks at 5AM in Ravenna, could I make it to VCE for a 12:40PM international flight to Canada? Thank you..

40 minutes ago, GenericBob said:

Hi! What time did the bus leave Ravenna to VCE airport? What time did you arrive at VCE airport. Do you think if a Celebrity ships docks at 5AM in Ravenna, could I make it to VCE for a 12:40PM international flight to Canada? Thank you..

I would book a private transport to Venice. Just because the ship docks at 5am doesn't mean you can walk off the ship at 5am. You would need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight and it can take 2 hours or more to the airport from Ravenna. Last year I seem to remember that the first shuttle left the port at 8:30am. We decide to spend the night in Venice and fly home the next morning.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 9:26 AM, oa47 said:

We were on the Connie in May this year. We had arranged flights by Celebrity to/from Venice. We arrived in Venice five days before our cruise and on embarkation day we travelled by train from Venice  Santa Lucia to Ravenna changing at Ferrara. At Ferrara there are lifts at the front of the platform and in the middle at Ravenna. There were quite a number of us 'independent' travellers and we all just met on the platform at Venice as we all had similar tags! We caught the 09:40 a.m. and the train cost was

E14-80 each. As the lifts were slow at both Ferrara and Ravenna we all made the decision that we would put as many suitcases in the lift as we could and then walk up the stairs. Exiting the station at Ravenna there were coaches with Celebrity signage waiting there with Celebrity staff. We had our cases put into the coach and the Celebrity staff did a sweep of the station just to make sure that nobody had been left behind as there is only one train an hour from Ferrara. The coach from Ravenna rail station to Ravenna port was free. For our return we had pre-booked the Celebrity shuttle from Ravenna Port to Venice airport and this worked fine. Hope this helps.

What time was your return flight at Venice airport home?What time did Celebrity Shuttle from Ravenna Port arrive at Venice airport VCE? I'm wondering if I could make a 12:40 PM flight out of Venice Marco Polo airport VCE if Celebrity docks at 5am that day.

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I would book a private transport to Venice. Just because the ship docks at 5am doesn't mean you can walk off the ship at 5am. You would need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight and it can take 2 hours to the airport from Ravenna.

Hi! if the ship docks at 5am, what time are we permitted to walk off the ship? Thanks..

Edited by GenericBob

11 hours ago, GenericBob said:

Hi! if the ship docks at 5am, what time are we permitted to walk off the ship? Thanks..

We were on a 13:50 flight to London and having left Ravenna around 09:00 hours we arrived at VCE at 11:00 hours - in fact we could have caught an earlier flight but X wouldn't book us on it. The coach X used was fine and not full. 

13 hours ago, oa47 said:

We were on a 13:50 flight to London and having left Ravenna around 09:00 hours we arrived at VCE at 11:00 hours - in fact we could have caught an earlier flight but X wouldn't book us on it. The coach X used was fine and not full. 

Hi, was 9am the earliest shuttle out of Ravenna, or do you recall there being an earlier shuttle? 

Hi there.  Wondering if anyone can also help confirm/clarify what the transfer options are between Ravenna (not Venice) and the Porto Corsini port/terminal.  I thought I read that X provides (free??) shuttles from the Ravenna train station to the cruise terminal?  Wanted to confirm if that's still the case.  Also, does X provide shuttles in the reverse from the cruise terminal to Ravenna?  I've also read that a taxi is about 20E between the train station and the port??

48 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

Hi there.  Wondering if anyone can also help confirm/clarify what the transfer options are between Ravenna (not Venice) and the Porto Corsini port/terminal.  I thought I read that X provides (free??) shuttles from the Ravenna train station to the cruise terminal?  Wanted to confirm if that's still the case.  Also, does X provide shuttles in the reverse from the cruise terminal to Ravenna?  I've also read that a taxi is about 20E between the train station and the port??

We were a group of 6 and I opted to schedule a private transfer from our BnB to the port. It was 10€ per person. Definitely best to book in advance. It seems that the hotels and BnBs all have a list of people they work with. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Milhouse said:

Answer to both questions and this relates to May 2022.

If I recall correctly shuttles were being called for from around 7.00 a.m. obviously depending on your flight time. As I said we had FBC.

Train Station shuttles: We had stayed for a week in Venice prior to catching the train from Venice to Ravenna. When we arrived at Ravenna X shuttle buses, which were complimentary, were there to meet passengers alighting the train and before leaving the staff checked the station to ensure they had not left anyone behind. As we did not require the reverse procedure I am unable to help you there - best ask X. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Milhouse said:

I had a chance this morning to search my notes regarding transportation from hotel in Ravenna to the port.  This is the information someone in our cruise specific group posted.  The information was from their hotel.  This is from August 2022 so could have changed.  We used #3 and, in October, 2022, he charged 10Euro per person.  He arrived a bit early for the pickup and got us to the port very quickly.  I would use him again.  His phone number works via WhatsApp.

0) https://www.ravennaexperience.it/en_GB/activity/314509/servizio-di-transfer-tra-ravenna-e-porto-corsini
1) Mr. Danilo Cimatti danilo.cimatti@gmail.com
2) Mr. Altum Villare +39 370 324 1434 tekaritaxi23@libero.it
3) Local bus line from Ravenna  Railway Station to Porto Corsini (cruise docking): from there 15 minutes by foot and next 30 minutes
( selection #3, to date, no good)
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/26/2023 at 7:02 AM, terrydtx said:

Last year we passed on the Celebrity shuttles from Venice to Ravenna, no way we wanted to be on a crowded bus with 30 plus strangers for 2 hours. We had 4 in our party and we used a private minivan transfer for the 4 of us for about $100pp. He picked us up at the parking center on Venice Island after our 3 day pre cruise visit.

1 minute ago, arkaira said:
2 minutes ago, arkaira said:

Just have the question. You mention Parking Center in Venice as a pick-up point, Do you mean Tronchetto? And the second question: do you know if Celebrity shuttled are departing to Ravenna from the same place?. Thanks in advance.