Carnival Improving Internet

Lee Cruiser

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

While it sounds good, Starlink has outages, incomplete coverage, and I think throughput could be an issue once stressed.

I have Starlink, no issues here with outages and there are videos online of RV'ers and Boaters out in the middle of the ocean, its already up and running. If you follow SpaceX, Elon is launching Starlink satellites weekly with currently over 2500 satellites to deal with this incomplete coverage you speak about. Version 2 satellites which are much larger will be going up within the next 2 to 3 weeks

Fred

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

I have Starlink, no issues here with outages and there are videos online of RV'ers and Boaters out in the middle of the ocean, its already up and running. If you follow SpaceX, Elon is launching Starlink satellites weekly with currently over 2500 satellites to deal with this incomplete coverage you speak about. Version 2 satellites which are much larger will be going up within the next 2 to 3 weeks

Fred

Yes, they are putting lots of space junk in low orbit. He is doing good work in Ukraine which makes me think some are working on a plan to disrupt.

https://downdetector.com/status/starlink/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I keep looking at it from time to time, but availability in parts of Louisiana and Texas were lacking last I checked, and availability date just keeps getting pushed out.

You can have it in a week, just use someone a few miles over from your location that you know and have it shipped there.  San Diego was one of the last places they shipped too as they started in the northern states and canada, I had mine shipped to Johnson City TN, arrived in a week, I took a drive to pick it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wennfred said:

You can have it in a week, just use someone a few miles over from your location that you know and have it shipped there.  San Diego was one of the last places they shipped too as they started in the northern states and canada, I had mine shipped to Johnson City TN, arrived in a week, I took a drive to pick it up.

I have excellent cable internet (usually), but a backup wouldn't be bad. Right now I'm hoping T-Mobile Home 5g expands to where I need it. Only $50/month, too.

Just now, BlerkOne said:

I have excellent cable internet (usually), but a backup wouldn't be bad. Right now I'm hoping T-Mobile Home 5g expands to where I need it. Only $50/month, too.

I finally cut ties with Cox Cable, had them for many years as they were the only option, going to Starlink saved me $150 a month at the same speeds. 5G has lots of issues as it doesn't like to bend, you pretty much have to be line of site to get a stronger signal.  Download the Covered App so you can see you Cell Towers in your area so you can point your antenna in that direction when that time comes.

5 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

I may try just to play with, but TN seems more than a few miles from SD. 

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I may try just to play with, but TN seems more than a few miles from SD. 

My friend lives there so I had an address. There's a Starlink availability map somewhere that shows areas not far from you that they ship too, what's crazy is that it could be just across the road.

Edited by Wennfred