Check-in / Boarding time

strachan01

Does anyone know if the given check in time is a hard rule? 

We have been given 1600 for our upcoming Iona cruise. I haven't cruised on P&O in a long time but thought that was excessively late to get on the ship on the 1st day!

We have our 8 month old baby with us so didn't want be waiting around too long after we check out our hotel. 

Cheers all! 

1 hour ago, strachan01 said:

We have our 8 month old baby with us so didn't want be waiting around too long after we check out our hotel. 

Cheers all! 

This is from P&O web site ..

What if I can’t arrive at the allotted time?

We realise that it’s not always possible to arrive at a scheduled time, especially if you’re travelling a long way, or are checking out from a hotel. So if you do arrive early, please rest assured that we will do our best to get you checked in and on board as soon as possible. There are refreshments available at the terminal and plenty of seating to make you comfortable should you have to wait. Alternatively, feel free to drop off your luggage from 12pm and come back to the cruise terminal at your Arrival Time. 

https://my.pocruises.com/mycruise/articles/embarkation   

Have a great cruise 😊

3 hours ago, strachan01 said:

Does anyone know if the given check in time is a hard rule? 

We have been given 1600 for our upcoming Iona cruise. I haven't cruised on P&O in a long time but thought that was excessively late to get on the ship on the 1st day!

Cheers all! 

I would ask if you can stay in your room a little longer or sit in the hotel lounge which will likely be more comfortable than the ship waiting area. If you turn up too soon you could have a long wait, plus the waiting area's can get filled up.