All of the included items (Food) for MSC Meraviglia plus tips, tricks and more!

mnobbe

My friends and I are in the process of booking 10+ cabins on the MSC Meraviglia for 4/2/2023. We have lots of hungry kids that are looking forward to some fun meals and lots of treats. Where all can they eat for free besides the dining room and the buffet? We are used to a taco stand a pizza place on RCL. Also, any tips for all of us families or our kids? I would love all of the info before we set sail to make this great for everyone! (And I know it is what you make of it, so it's going to be great!) And my kids want lots of ice cream! Does it come included?

• 4 weeks later...

Some ships will have a free soft serve ice cream by the pool deck or the buffet during pool opening times. They'll also have some small gelato portions as a dessert on the MDR for both lunch and dinner. Other than that, they have superb gelato for a fee.

Sadly; apart the buffet and the MDR there are not many free food opportunities on MSC. Some ships had a small part of the sports bar that used to be free, but it is mostly at a fee now. Some ships used to have some croissants at breakfast time for free... Seems that not anymore, and some ships used to have a coffee place that had some free pastries... Not Mera class... Good news though is that their buffet will be open some 20 hours a day. At least pizza and some desserts/little cookies will be mostly always available.

In April on the Divina there was a Bar area by the pool on Deck 15 serving Gelato and soft serve.  I inquired about the cost.  The Bartender (Happy from Africa) said for YC Guests it was all complimentary but a charge for others.  The ship makes the Gelato and   Soft Serve.

On the Meraviglia the Gelato is made and sold by a concession (contracted)  company and everyone pays.  The Gelato was not cheap.

Thanks for the responses so far y'all. Ya, we're pumped for the pizza and fresh mozzarella from what we've been reading.. now if we can hope for some complimentary soft serve by the water slides, we'll be in good shape with our little monsters! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 10:57 AM, allen2be said:

Also wondering the same.. epecially the free soft serve part!  Free soft serve on the RC Freedom was a life saver for my 3 kids last year. @mnobbedid you ever get some good info on your questions?

The soft serve ice cream on Meraviglia is very good.  It's located right before you enter the buffet. We enjoyed this ice cream as much if not more than the Gelato.

• Thanks 1