Pre boarding vaccination requirements.

cruisy2

On 8/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, Fouremco said:

Yes, I remember the post and the follow-up discussion. Essentially the same as here, saying Viking's policy was off base, as all they were looking for was proof of vaccination. IIRC, Viking didn't ask for ArriveCAN receipts during embarkation. Either way, GOC policy didn't require a submission. 

I have read a few postings on various Cruise Critic forums about cruise lines saying ArriveCan must be completed for a one-way voyage from Canada. As I said earlier, this is impossible as the system will not accept that. I don't use "apps", just the on-line version, but it is probably the same.  At some point these cruise lines will see that.

1 hour ago, david,Mississauga said:

I have read a few postings on various Cruise Critic forums about cruise lines saying ArriveCan must be completed for a one-way voyage from Canada. As I said earlier, this is impossible as the system will not accept that. I don't use "apps", just the on-line version, but it is probably the same.  At some point these cruise lines will see that.

Yes, it's the same with the app.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:01 PM, Fouremco said:

Yes, I remember the post and the follow-up discussion. Essentially the same as here, saying Viking's policy was off base, as all they were looking for was proof of vaccination. IIRC, Viking didn't ask for ArriveCAN receipts during embarkation. Either way, GOC policy didn't require a submission. 

There may some minor differences between cruise lines.

Transport Canada issues high level guidelines and then before the start of the cruise season it required each cruise line to submit its own detailed procedure manual outlining the specifics on the ship and in port the cruise line will use to meet those requirements.   Once Transport Canada reviewed and accepts the manual the cruise line follows its manual.  There is going to be some slight variations between each.