IONA - Missed port insurance claim

skeldergate

I'm due to travel on Iona in one months time to Norway.

Reading other threads in this Forum, there seems to be a high probability that she may miss out one or two ports.

If that does happen I am able to claim £150pp on my travel insurance.  What sort of proof should I provide to my travel insurance company.

I'm asking now as a pre-emptive action.  I don't want to disembark only to find out that I should have obtained something whilst onbard

Just now, skeldergate said:

Reading other threads in this Forum, there seems to be a high probability that she may miss out one or two ports.

If that does happen I am able to claim £150pp on my travel insurance.  What sort of proof should I provide to my travel insurance company.

I'm asking now as a pre-emptive action.  I don't want to disembark only to find out that I should have obtained something whilst onbard

You can obtain a letter from Reception onboard that details the port(s) that have been missed. We have always found that to be readily accepted by our insurance company.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SeaJane said:

You can obtain a letter from Reception onboard that details the port(s) that have been missed. We have always found that to be readily accepted by our insurance company.

Yes - that is the thing to do. Don't do what I did and disembark without the letter.

I asked for the letter (once I was home) through P&O Customer Services and am still waiting over 2 weeks after we got back - so far no reply!

Lesson learned for the future!

Make sure you get a letter for everyone in your party if you are claiming with their individual name.

We never knew we could claim but after an admin error everyone received a letter but with the wrong cabin number.

When my husband questioned this they said they would reprint the letters and that they would be outside our door before midnight.

Next morning not there so husband went back down and they printed the letters there and then.

We have since made a claim still ongoing but we had to scan these letters and attach for our insurance company .

5 hours ago, poorer said:

PS  in most cases you cannot claim for missed ports due to weather.

Not so with Staysure:

Section 16c Itinerary change
What is covered:
We will pay up to £75 for each port listed on your cruise itinerary that is missed due to adverse weather or timetable changes up to £500.

• Like 3

On 8/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, skeldergate said:

I claimed back in Feb when Iona's itinerary changed last minute then we still missed a port on the new itinerary. The only proof I need was the email from P&O to show change of itinerary and the note left in the cabin to say we would miss a port. In my case all the ports on the original itinerary where classed as missed plus the missed port on the new itinerary, in total I received £1200 for myself and my wife.

Edit: Don't forget to claim for all people in the travel party and not just one claim.

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1