short port times

sailing on the voyager in April eastern carib. 2 of the port stops are very short in duration Nassau 7am to 1pm San Jaun 7am to 2pm this just seems like short stops does anyone know why?

Usually the times are based on what other ships are coming in and need the port space. Both of the ports you mentioned are very busy and therefore probably need to accomodate many ships that day. However, Neither port you mentioned is that wonderful so I wouldn't be shedding any tears over it.

:) Jen

Adventure of the Seas …66 days!

Jewel of the Seas September 2005

Explorer of the Seas January 2004

Voyager of the Seas October 2002

Premier’s Olympia 1999

Monarch of the Seas July 1994

Premier’s Olympia 1992

You got that right! This is a great time to stay onboard and have a good pool day! Unless you've never been to either port, in which case, you'll take an hour and walk into the "shopping district", and then you'll know you're not missing much!

I always thought it was based more on the time required to travel to the next port (nassau ----> st tom, san juan -----> labadee). i agree youre not missing too much on the short days.

I have have been to San Jaun before, never to Nassau ,if these are such unpopular destinations you would think that RCCL would try to open up some new areas (I know this is much easier said than done)maybe throw in a Key West stop or even Coco Cay again.Just some food for thought thanks for the replies

I have have been to San Jaun before, never to Nassau ,if these are such unpopular destinations you would think that RCCL would try to open up some new areas (I know this is much easier said than done)maybe throw in a Key West stop or even Coco Cay again.Just some food for thought thanks for the replies

It's a great point, but I think there are a few things in play...1) there's nothing "wrong" per se the SJ and Nassau; they are perfectly nice places. I just think the more experienced cruise folks have exhausted the things there are to do in these ports. 2) the Caribbean is saturated as it is. Ports are maxed out and there really aren't too many new places to go (Turks & Caicos aside). Im not sure they can afford to consider eliminating 2 ports that have good infrastructures and are so strategically located.

So why post an answer if you don't know anything? Stop trying to up your count. I'm sick of seeing your one word replys to every post!

(Sorry all else...)

If you saw his multi word posts, you would appreciate his one word post more.

sailing on the voyager in April eastern carib. 2 of the port stops are very short in duration Nassau 7am to 1pm San Jaun 7am to 2pm this just seems like short stops does anyone know why?

Usually this has something to do with the amount of time needed to make it to the next port.

I agree when you have ports with dock space it is hard to change,especially to a port that may have to be tendered, being able to walk on and off the ship at basically your leisure does have its advantages .I also thought it may be because of sailing distances between ports but it seems like the west. ports are further away from each other. Also ,ditto on Oun

Archived