Australian eVisitor 651 Visa

Mauzac

Help!

I'm just posting in desperation really and wondered if anyone from the UK has any feedback.

We are on a big cruise coming up.  We have a US visa, NZ visa, Canada visa... all OK.  We applied online for an eVisitor 651 visa for Australia.  Mine came through in 5 minutes.  9 days later nothing for my husband.  It's just marked as 'Received'.  

They haven't asked for any extra information to be uploaded and his passport and circumstances are the same as mine (no name change, no previous convictions, no previous Visas etc)

There doesn't seem to be *any* way to chase up at all.  

Although we don't get to Australia until October, the cruise line will not let us embark without this Visa (it's a 65 day bucket list cruise we are so excited about).

Has anyone been in this position, and can offer any help?  It's hanging over our heads because I've read this can go on weeks/months for no reason at all.  I think it's been picked out for manual processing, no idea why.

Thank you in advance. 😊

If you take a look on TripAdvisor lots of people have been in this situation, if there is nothing unusual about your application then it's best to just hang in there, in all the cases I have seen on TripAdvisor they come through after a couple of stressful weeks.
If it's marked as "received" as apposed to "processing" then they have not even got to it yet and probably not an issue with the application. There is no rhyme or reason for it.

5 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

If you take a look on TripAdvisor lots of people have been in this situation, if there is nothing unusual about your application then it's best to just hang in there, in all the cases I have seen on TripAdvisor they come through after a couple of stressful weeks.
If it's marked as "received" as apposed to "processing" then they have not even got to it yet and probably not an issue with the application. There is no rhyme or reason for it.

Thank you so much for your response.

Because they haven't asked for any supporting documentation, I suppose it's just a waiting game, but as you say... very stressful !  

I did wonder whether to upload his passport and return air ticket, but I don't want to make the situation worse, and be put at the bottom of the pile by doing that.  

I have been reading on Trip Advisor and some of the cases worried me!

Thank you again, much appreciated.  

As it has not started "processing" yet I really would not worry at this stage, it will likely arrive in the next few days, the UK is part of the wavier scheme and the only country allowed up to 6 months.

Thank you.  I think it was luck of the draw.  I understand that some visas go for 'manual processing' for no particular reason, I suppose it's just a quality control thing.  And my husband's was the one at that moment in time.    As I did mine 5 minutes earlier and it was straight through!  

4 hours ago, Mauzac said:

Thank you.  I think it was luck of the draw.  I understand that some visas go for 'manual processing' for no particular reason, I suppose it's just a quality control thing.  And my husband's was the one at that moment in time.    As I did mine 5 minutes earlier and it was straight through!  

Happened to me first time I applied for a US ESTA.

Probably because my name was similar to an undesirable or some other matter.

Came thro 7 to 10 days later.

JB 🙂

3 hours ago, John Bull said:

Happened to me first time I applied for a US ESTA.

Probably because my name was similar to an undesirable or some other matter.

Came thro 7 to 10 days later.

JB 🙂

Thank you.  I have everything crossed here.  🤞