Uniworld Gems of Northern Italy

jeter55

Just returned from a wonderful trip on Uniworld. Before I go any further I would like to thank a previous poster PapaB and Me for his detailed review of this same trip. I actually printed out his review and used it as a guide when planning this. My comments and review will not be as comprehesive as his and reccomend reading  it for useful details. This was my first river cruise, previously I have only done ocean cruises and that has been limited to Silversea. Uniworld delivered on all fronts: service, food and excursions. If you want to see Venice and the surrounding islands this is the way to go. We arrived two days early and stayed in Bellagio on Lake Como which we enjoyed very much. We met the tour in Milan and spent two days there and then onto Venice with a stop in Verona.We arranged our flights through Uniworld and everything went smoothly. Although it was hot Uniworld made every effort to arrange tours in the early morning and always had water and cool towels available upon our return.

IMG_1841.JPG

• Like 4

Sounds very nice! We stayed in Como for a few days in early June, and did a day trip to Bellagio. Beautiful there! But so crowded.

Glad you enjoyed your trip, and that Uniworld still makes a good impression. We too are SS cruisers who also discovered Uniworld a few years ago, and have enjoyed it very much. We haven't yet tried this voyage but it's on the list. 

We did this trip last October and would highly recommend.  We did do the pre tour of Milan which I would do again.  We like to travel independently as well so did our own planning from Venice to Lake Como and then onto Switzerland (St Moritz) for a few days and back to Milan to fly home.  

• Like 1