MSC Drink prices

Matt_Cardiff

Hi, I’m booked on a canaries cruise on the MSC Grandiosa August 2023 and trying to find out some info around drinks prices.

I’ve found some bar menus that suggest a pint of beer is around £5-£6 and some £9-£10! I’m not a big drinker, but if it’s around £10 a pint then I will have to consider the drinks package.

Has anyone been on an MSC cruise within the last few months who could advise?

Thanks.

Keep in mind a large draft beer on MSC is 40cl. No “pints” here. Those prices are about right, though most mainstream stuff is at the low end. Note that 15% is added to any drink bought on ship. 

If you are fine with Heineken, the “easy” package is a good deal. £30/day. No 15% if bought ahead of time. Also covers your sodas, speciality coffees, etc. Very convenient. 

If you want a wide selection of beer, you have to step up to “easy plus.” £40/day. More in the Americas. 

Note that everyone on the reservation has to be in the package, prices are subject to change, etc. etc. etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Drinks bought on board without a package attract a 15% convenience charge

with this, approx prices are

Draught beer - £7.50 large glass (400ml)

bottled beer - from £8 for 330ml or 500ml

house wine - £7.50

Prosecco -£8

spirit + mixer £9

coke - £3

coffee - £3.50

cocktail - from £7.50 to £14 (and higher!)

• Thanks 1

Thanks all. Didn’t know about the 15%!

Previously only sailed on RC and the ‘large’ beers were around £5-£6 which didn’t really warrant a drinks package. With the prices listed above however, it does seem like the easy package would be of value.

Still a year to go so I will keep an eye on the app to see if any offers appear (if MSC do that type of thing - as RC did).

Yes, the easy package covers most “basic” drinks …house lager, house wine, house spirits and mixer (nb still things like smirnoff, Bacardi and Gordon’s)

easyplus gives you a bit more variety, particularly on the beers side

14 hours ago, Matt_Cardiff said:

Thanks all. Didn’t know about the 15%!

Previously only sailed on RC and the ‘large’ beers were around £5-£6 which didn’t really warrant a drinks package. With the prices listed above however, it does seem like the easy package would be of value.

Still a year to go so I will keep an eye on the app to see if any offers appear (if MSC do that type of thing - as RC did).

Yeah: If Heineken draft beer satisfies you, and you plan to have some 2-4 per day, plus those "little nothings" that go like coffee, bottled water, etc., then the Easy package my be worth for you. If not, make some accounting: The difference can be huge from one package to the other, unless you have Easy Plus as part of an AI promo. I don't believe that 1-2 EUR/USD difference from Heineken to the other beers to fully justify a package, but only you can assess that.

Do you want a pro tip? If you really want to add the package, purchase it as soon as you're able to do so on the app and save proof of that. They'll honor that on you. Otherwise, my prediction is that prices will sadly to be... On the rise...

On 8/11/2022 at 8:52 AM, Matt_Cardiff said:

MSC don't generally do post-purchased discounts on their drinks packages so I would suggest adding it now to your booking. I've phoned up and had it added to the booking so I don't have to pay for it until final payment date. You can then remove it should the packages change / you want to upgrade or remove it etc.

• Like 1