Al Fresco (outdoor) dining?

Criticruiser

I’ve read that the pizza place has some outdoor seating. And if one has a balcony, I guess you could eat your room service meal out there?

Are there any other options for having meals outdoors? I enjoy al fresco dining so much on some cruises but from the descriptions of VV it sounds like 99.9% of dining is indoors.

Thanks for your insights.

The galley, dock, and pizza place (may be others i can't remember) also have grab and go dining in recyclable containers so theoretically you can grab a salad or whatever and take it to any outdoor space. 

There are lots of outdoor seating areas.  The room service team will deliver to you, wherever you are on the ship.  There is outdoor seating at The Dock, The Galley, The Pizza Place, the Poki place (I forgot the name), and maybe others.  You can get "grab and go" stuff in a box and take it anywhere you wish, and you can get a plate from anywhere else and take it.

• Thanks 1

It was hot as balls outside during the summer (I was on in June & July), and it was still crazy humid in December last year.  I had grand visions of enjoying room service on my huge corner suite terrace last year, but it was SO uncomfortable and that plan was quickly dashed in favor of in-room couch meals.

In the summer, you have the added fun of the heat, and your room AC doesn't run unless your sliding door is closed and locked.  It gets pretty toasty/stagnant in there when the AC stops for a while.

That said, there are plenty of outdoor dining options, including lots of hard and soft seating along each side of Deck 7.  The Dock is my favorite food-wise, but it's more of a loungey type place.  No real dining tables, more like a beach club/day club type of seating setup.  The Grab & Go boxes were great to have a quick salad/snack by the pool in the middle of the day, and no one bats an eye when you bring food to the pool area, which is nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _tacocat_ said:

It was hot as balls outside during the summer (I was on in June & July), and it was still crazy humid in December last year.  I had grand visions of enjoying room service on my huge corner suite terrace last year, but it was SO uncomfortable and that plan was quickly dashed in favor of in-room couch meals.

In the summer, you have the added fun of the heat, and your room AC doesn't run unless your sliding door is closed and locked.  It gets pretty toasty/stagnant in there when the AC stops for a while.

That said, there are plenty of outdoor dining options, including lots of hard and soft seating along each side of Deck 7.  The Dock is my favorite food-wise, but it's more of a loungey type place.  No real dining tables, more like a beach club/day club type of seating setup.  The Grab & Go boxes were great to have a quick salad/snack by the pool in the middle of the day, and no one bats an eye when you bring food to the pool area, which is nice!

Thanks for this helpful info. Was your cruise on the Caribbean or Mediterranean?

Edited by Criticruiser

18 hours ago, Criticruiser said:

I’ve read that the pizza place has some outdoor seating. And if one has a balcony, I guess you could eat your room service meal out there?

Are there any other options for having meals outdoors? I enjoy al fresco dining so much on some cruises but from the descriptions of VV it sounds like 99.9% of dining is indoors.

Thanks for your insights.

Just the Pizza Place, the Dock and the Galley has a large outdoor seating aft. No restaurants have outdoor seating available, but as I recall they all have large windows for outdoor views.