not receiving e mails on followed threads

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

Can you let me know why I have not got advices re replies for several weeks

@windsor26

Regarding Notifications from your Followed threads, first make sure you are logged in with your user name & password. Click your user name located upper right over the small Search bubble in the blue bar. Next, click Account Settings. Under Other Settings, click Notification Settings. On the next page to appear, click Mentions & My Content and Followed ContentClick the little down arrow to open each section and make sure each item is set for your preference. 

Also, click this link:  Manage Followed Content You will see a list for Topics I Follow.

• To the right of each topic you can select change preference and make your choice OR you can completely unfollow the topic.  
  • You can also check the boxes next to each topic to make changes to multiple topic notification preferences at once
  • If you use our Gallery Feature, make sure to look at the left of the page when you are viewing your managed content.  There is a menu there to select the tabs for albums and images to choose how you receive notifications for items you follow there.

If your email address of choice has changed, be sure to have your Cruise Critic email address of record changed too. That is where Cruise Critic emails are sent to you. Please see How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name.

Please make sure you have the email address cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com white listed and/or on your safe senders list & in your Address Book contacts.

Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time, but it could be your email provider is aggressive to prevent spam. Thinking that multiple emails in a row from Cruise Critic would be spam, they bounce one of the Cruise Critic emails back to Cruise Critic. Once one of the Cruise Critic notification emails to you is bounced back to Cruise Critic, then the Cruise Critic software stops sending you any further notification emails. 

Please email help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your user name. Explain the above possible bounce back situation and ask if the situation applies to your Cruise Critic account. IIRC, CC Help Michell can possibly investigate for the bounce back situation and possibly correct.

Personally, I no longer use email for Cruise Critic notifications. I have all mine set to Notification List. I just click the Notifications Bell (to the left of my user name over the small Search bubble) to get the clickable list for all of mine.

Hope something in this reply will be helpful! 🤞

Happy sails,

Host Kat