Need advice for 2nd day touring

Six-Eleven

Hello,

My BFF and I will be arriving in Bermuda by ship on 9/26. We are doing the 7 hour hidden gems tour on Monday. 

Our plan for Tuesday was to get the one day transportation pass. take the bus or ferry to Hamilton, walk around a bit and then take a bus to Horseshoe bay beach.

Do you think we can do St. Georges historic area also, or is that too much. The ship leaves at 5PM.

TIA-

Amy

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Six-Eleven said:

My BFF and I will be arriving in Bermuda by ship on 9/26. We are doing the 7 hour hidden gems tour on Monday. 

Our plan for Tuesday was to get the one day transportation pass. take the bus or ferry to Hamilton, walk around a bit and then take a bus to Horseshoe bay beach.

Do you think we can do St. Georges historic area also, or is that too much. The ship leaves at 5PM.

I would have done this in reverse-- take the tour on the second day, that way you are guaranteed not to miss the ship. Then you could absolutely go to St Georges and work your way back to Hamilton and Horseshoe Bay and take your time with it. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Six-Eleven said:

Hello,

TIA-

Amy

Take the ferry to Hamilton. Then a bus to Horseshoe. I think doing St. George would be a stretch. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

I would have done this in reverse-- take the tour on the second day, that way you are guaranteed not to miss the ship. Then you could absolutely go to St Georges and work your way back to Hamilton and Horseshoe Bay and take your time with it. 

Thank you!

We thought about that, but we booked with the tour operator directly. However, I know that the ship passengers will be on the same tour, so if they are guaranteed to make it back, then so are we!

We could think about changing the tour date.

otherwise, I think St George is a stretch!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Six-Eleven said:

Looking at the map, I agree! thanks!

Don't let it dissuade you though if you do want to see St George-- its super charming and well worth the visit. I like that side of the island the best.

I think what we're both saying is that it would be a lot on your last day when you have to be onboard the ship at the Dockyard at 4:30, but easily doable if you moved the tour around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Don't let it dissuade you though if you do want to see St George-- its super charming and well worth the visit. I like that side of the island the best.

I think what we're both saying is that it would be a lot on your last day when you have to be onboard the ship at the Dockyard at 4:30, but easily doable if you moved the tour around. 

Changing the Hidden Gems day is a good idea but it is not always possible. They are sometimes sold out. I do think though that doing Hamilton, Horseshoe and St. George on one day is a lot on any day even if it is not the last day. 

• Thanks 2

On 8/12/2022 at 2:17 PM, princeton123211 said:

I have been to Bermuda multiple times but this is my friends first time. I told her we can’t see everything but it gives us a reason to return! 😊

• Like 1