$300 bar tab adds $100 - can each person have this?

wirralcruisers

Evening all,

We had an original booking offer of a $300 pre-paid bar tab adding an extra $100, which we have taken advantage of and added purchased a $300 tab (which now equals $400).

Having just received the "add a $300 pre-paid bar tab and receive a bonus $100" email it has made me think.

Can we add another $300 to get anothe $100 bonus?

I have the bar tab against my name, should it be possible to add a $300 tab to my wife's account? (we are both connected together for the same payment card)

Anyone with previous experience?

Thank you

You can share your bar tab with anyone you like...it isn't like a beverage package.  Thus, it makes no difference whether the bar tab is in your name or your wife's name.  If you have money left on the last day of the cruise, you can treat some of your "new best friends."  There's no point in letting any money sit on the tab; it is not refundable. And each $300 gets the $100 bonus.

Edited by cantgetin

We are on a b2b2b from Athens to Sydney in 2023. Using the web page, I’ve managed to buy a bar tab for the first cruise, but not the other two, which don’t appear on the “dashboard”. There is also no mention of any bar tab purchase on the iOS app. I have been getting contradictory information from VV and our TA.

16 hours ago, blobby113 said:

We are on a b2b2b from Athens to Sydney in 2023. Using the web page, I’ve managed to buy a bar tab for the first cruise, but not the other two, which don’t appear on the “dashboard”. There is also no mention of any bar tab purchase on the iOS app. I have been getting contradictory information from VV and our TA.

I have 2 different cruises and I can do it on the 1st one currently, but I can't do it on our second one.  Both are in 2022.  It's as though they want you to arrange things for the 1st one before you take the 2nd and I don't need the bar tab for the 1st cruise.  I may call, but I was waiting until we got closer to the end of the month to see if the 2nd cruise opened up and I was able to add.  I don't feel like sitting on hold to ask this question. LOL

I have guests on the 14 night transatlantic who have purchased three of the $300 bar tabs each and so have $900 PLUS $300 for the bonus.  So yes, VV doesn't care how many you purchase.  It just needs to be used on alcohol, not things around the ship or excursions.

20 hours ago, cantgetin said:

The $100 bonus is for 2022 cruises, but I can't explain why you can't add a bar tab to your other cruises.  Perhaps call VV or have your travel agent do it.  

I obtained a $100 bonus for my October 2023 cruise.

• Like 2

I called Sailor Services about our B2B out of Barcelona today and was able to add a bar tab to both voyages with the agent. 

It does appear that on the website you can only manage/view/purchase add-ons for the closest voyage and then see limited details for all of your voyages, unlike the mobile app where you can completely swap voyages (but not purchase bar tabs). 

14 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

It does appear that on the website you can only manage/view/purchase add-ons for the closest voyage and then see limited details for all of your voyages, unlike the mobile app where you can completely swap voyages (but not purchase bar tabs). 

Yep, you also can't see your Sailor Loot, which was kind of annoying with the Share the Love promo when it was glitching and only giving $50.  We had to keep calling to check how much loot we had, then have them open tickets to get the full $200/referral. 

This was especially tricky because we were on a B2B, and once you check into your first voyage, it basically locks you down and you can't do anything with your second until you get off the first one.

Good to know about the B2B situation as we are doing that next month. When I called yesterday the agent said something about having to annotate that we were doing a B2B which I found interesting. 

You were formerly able to see loot on the website so I wonder if it was removed because people were having issues with it showing the wrong amount. 

3 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

You were formerly able to see loot on the website so I wonder if it was removed because people were having issues with it showing the wrong amount. 

Yeah, we could see the first leg fine, it just didn't let you see anything for the second.  

B2B is AWESOME. 

We did it in June/July while you still had to test between voyages, and our turnover was super delayed because they have to zero out the ship (get everyone off who's not supposed to be there).  There were a bunch of people at the desk on 7 trying to fix their bills or something, so we just sat in Sip for like an hour.  Because debarkation was delayed, we then had an extended time waiting in the terminal.

Even with those delays, we were back on by around 12-12:30 and had the pool basically to ourselves for almost 3 hours - apparently no one goes straight to the pool after boarding 🙂 We had specifically booked the same suite so we wouldn't have to pack, and turnover ended up being a super relaxing day!

We're doing another B2B in October because it's such a schlep to FL from CA, but this time we're switching cabins.  Hope it's a little quicker this time now that testing isn't there anymore!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 10:27 AM, cantgetin said:

You can share your bar tab with anyone you like...it isn't like a beverage package.  Thus, it makes no difference whether the bar tab is in your name or your wife's name.  If you have money left on the last day of the cruise, you can treat some of your "new best friends."  There's no point in letting any money sit on the tab; it is not refundable. And each $300 gets the $100 bonus.

You can also buy bottles of liquor or wine from the bars at the end of the cruise. Can't use it in "Booty Free" but you can use it to buy liquor at the bars if you want to take some home. 

• Like 3

On 8/14/2022 at 2:38 PM, gramfrog said:

I have guests on the 14 night transatlantic who have purchased three of the $300 bar tabs each and so have $900 PLUS $300 for the bonus.  So yes, VV doesn't care how many you purchase.  It just needs to be used on alcohol, not things around the ship or excursions.

Unless they have changed it, it can be used for things like alcohol pairings at Test Kitchen or bottomless mimosas at brunch as well as the Pub Crawl--basically things that are totally alcohol or involve alcohol, as well as items like specialty coffees, teas, smoothies that have a charge, cold press juices. Basically, it covered any beverage that had a charge in addition to alcohol in any form.

1 hour ago, mishelly76 said:

I can add the bar tab to my cart but when I go to check out it keeps giving me an error, both on the desktop and mobile version of their website...anyone else having this issue?

No, but the app has a history of being wonky.  I know we all hate to wait on the phone, but that is often the easiest way to make things happen.

On 8/14/2022 at 8:11 AM, blobby113 said:

Response from VV: You'll need to reach out to your First Mate to have them add your request.

Not much use, as the head office in the UK of my Australian TA is apparently my “First Mate”. I wish VV would just use English.