Waiting for the Other Shoe (Email) to Drop

Sunset329

2 hours ago, pathi said:

My question is will Princess give us at least 30 days notice?

As @tonit964 said above - we got notified on Monday August 8th that our Sept 1st and Sept 6th B2B cruises on the Diamond were canceled. They were supposed to be my 40th b-day celebration cruises so I was crushed. We had splurged on an aft Vista Suite and had pre-booked massages, etc. The official replacement options were all on the Discovery and not until November or even February which didn't work for us. I immediately called my CVP at 4:30pm on the 8th and had him request the FCC + $100 OBC per person option and hold a booking on the Royal for Sept 3rd instead (and Alaska vs Mexico so we had to change flights, change packing plans, etc.). It was a bit of a whirlwind but the transfer of FCC came through by Wednesday morning the 10th and we had access in the Medallion app by Thursday the 11th to do the check-in items and get "Ocean Ready". We had all refunds of prepaid spa bookings and a few other items we had prepaid in our accounts by Saturday the 13th, exactly 3-weeks out for the new cruise. Overall I was very pleased with the service and speed of rebooking. Originally my CVP said it could take till as late as August 26th to finalize everything. Which would have been only 1 week in advance of when we were trying to sail.

So if you're worried they might cancel your Sapphire cruises maybe research now if there are any sailings that would work for you and be ready to call Princess right away with clear plans. If you don't already have a CVP you work closely with I can give you my guy's info. He has been incredible for all the cancelations we've endured and outdid himself this time.

5 minutes ago, pathi said:

rheathslc. I think we will go with a land trip to Mexico as a replacement. Nice to see someone from Salt Lake. I lived there for 10 years when I was growing up.

I've been here 8 years and I love it! It's TOOO hot in the summer for me as I grew up in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, and Alaska. But I probably shouldn't say that to someone now living in Atlanta. Haha!

I really hope you don't have your cruise canceled but if you do, enjoy Mexico! I am actually really going to enjoy the break from the heat on what is now our Alaska cruise. 🙂 

7 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I have final payment coming soon this month for our 20 day Diamond cruise Nov 27th. Not a small chunk of change and hate to pay then wait for my money to come back. If this cruise is in jeopardy Princess should postpone final payment until sure they will let this cruise sail.

But they probably won't.

Edited by suzyed