Liverpool Parking

JeanieC,Aston

Hi.

I have just booked parking for my FO cruise on the 29th August from Liverpool with CPS parking.

We cruised FO from Liverpool in June when we parked at Kings Dock car park before going to the ACC for COVID testing.

It seems now CPS has left Kings Dock and relocated to a secure car park 1.5 miles from the terminal in L5…still with shuttle bus.

Has anyone had recent experience of this move?

43 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi.

I have just booked parking for my FO cruise on the 29th August from Liverpool with CPS parking.

We cruised FO from Liverpool in June when we parked at Kings Dock car park before going to the ACC for COVID testing.

It seems now CPS has left Kings Dock and relocated to a secure car park 1.5 miles from the terminal in L5…still with shuttle bus.

Has anyone had recent experience of this move?

We are local and I have seen a comment elsewhere saying the ACC is no longer being used for pre covid tests and document checks, so the system has returned to the original one. 

Parking had previously been near the ACC, but a shuttle bus was provided to/from the cruise terminal.  Hence I think you will find the actual parking is in the same place, but of course now you will not need to be transferred to the terminal part way through your embarkation procedures so much the same distance to transfer.

EDIT

Just realised you said you are to park in Liverpool 5, which is to the north of the cruise terminal, so not the ACC, which is south.  The transfer distance should not be much different.  There may be a big event on at the Arena, or perhaps they have found another car park.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

1 Boundary Street L5 9UD. Which seems to be a timber and building supplies warehouse.

We've just booked S2224 for 5th Sept which doesn't seem to be available to book on the CPS website so will have to call them on Monday.

As that seems to be the postcode you have been given, it does seem a puzzle.  The company seems to still be in business as well.  It is an area with mainly light industrial units which had been built on a brownfield site (the housing was demolished many years back now).  CPS may have rented a warehouse, (possibly just for some cruises), since the Arena and the pier head area, (where the cruise terminal is situated), often have big events on in the summer and the city is full of tourists looking to park.  There may even be a new build warehouse for car parking purposes, though of course cruising from Liverpool is only seasonal, so perhaps not likely.

If used by CPS, I am sure it will be secure, rather than just an open car park.  P4C use a warehouse in Southampton docks, and take cars to there from the cruise terminals.  We do not need to park for cruises, but if we did, we would use the official car park, rather than some other, cheaper, options that some people mention, and would feel the same if parking in any big city for a period of time.

As you say, perhaps a good idea to check exactly where you will be parking to clarify any confusion, CPS may just be fully booked for your cruise now.

Barbara

Edited by tring

The parking for my cruise wasn’t available on line,I rang and booked it.

Yes it’s out by Everton’s new stadium build,,just across from the Titanic Hotel.

Press release found from July.

13 July 2022 

Cruise and Passenger Services (CPS) has expanded its cruise parking operations in Liverpool with the acquisition of a new secure compound for passenger vehicles.

The site adjacent to Liverpool Cruise Terminal (LCT) can accommodate over 100 cars and will enhance the service provided by LCT for passengers boarding cruise ships in the port.

CPS, which previously offered only a bookings service for cruise passenger parking, will now marshal and store vehicles for passengers, transporting them to LCT once they have self-parked. Passengers will also be ferried to pick up their vehicles once they have disembarked.

The improved service will initially be used by passengers from Fred Olsen Line, which is operating its vessel Borealis from LCT throughout 2022.

CPS Cruise Operations Manager Louis Colpitts explained: “The acquisition of the new secure compound will strengthen further CPS’ position as the leading cruise passenger parking provider for cruise operators sailing from UK ports. It will also enhance the facilities and offering provided by LCT as the port continues to develop its cruise business.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

The parking for my cruise wasn’t available on line,I rang and booked it.

Yes it’s out by Everton’s new stadium build,,just across from the Titanic Hotel.

Press release found from July.

13 July 2022 

Cruise and Passenger Services (CPS) has expanded its cruise parking operations in Liverpool with the acquisition of a new secure compound for passenger vehicles.

The site adjacent to Liverpool Cruise Terminal (LCT) can accommodate over 100 cars and will enhance the service provided by LCT for passengers boarding cruise ships in the port.

CPS, which previously offered only a bookings service for cruise passenger parking, will now marshal and store vehicles for passengers, transporting them to LCT once they have self-parked. Passengers will also be ferried to pick up their vehicles once they have disembarked.

The improved service will initially be used by passengers from Fred Olsen Line, which is operating its vessel Borealis from LCT throughout 2022.

CPS Cruise Operations Manager Louis Colpitts explained: “The acquisition of the new secure compound will strengthen further CPS’ position as the leading cruise passenger parking provider for cruise operators sailing from UK ports. It will also enhance the facilities and offering provided by LCT as the port continues to develop its cruise business.”

I have saw mention of the new car park on another site late yesterday.  A poster has put an aerial view of the site which currently appears on Google Earth (and street view) as a bit overgrown.  It is marked as the irregular area bordered by Beer's building suppliers, (as mentioned by Colin_Cameron), and the railway line.  Now in a better condition and with security of course.  Would explain why the postcode is the same as Beer's.

Hope this helps.  As I said not something we will use, but I have been staying at home to hide from the heat for the last few days and may as well make myself useful 🙂

Hope everyone else is coping with the heat.  We are not in the worst temperature areas up here this weekend, (like we were in the previous hot spell when we were just a tad below the hottest temps), but this has been over a number of days so not my thing at all.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just last minute bookings - CPS are fully booked for some cruises a month or more in advance. The site they have is clearly way too small and is on a small strip of waste ground between a building supplies warehouse and the railway 2 miles from the terminal. Fred. Olsen really need to lean on CPS to get this sorted, or find another provider, otherwise people will be put off using Liverpool for cruises.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

I have booked CPS parking at Liverpool for next Monday,,do you know the exact street the entrance is in?

Thanks

In #3 of this thread Colin gave the address and postcode.  As I have since mentioned, the area used for the car park is visible on Google Earth (look at my description of that).

Enjoy your cruise,

Barbara

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, tring said:

In #3 of this thread Colin gave the address and postcode.  As I have since mentioned, the area used for the car park is visible on Google Earth (look at my description of that).

Enjoy your cruise,

Barbara

Hi Barbara.

But in Google maps L5 9UD also covers Shadwell St and Athol St.

My SiL works for Merseyside Police he might look for me.

I could get a taxi but the £15 difference is not worth the hassle,,I’d rather drive myself.

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Barbara.

But in Google maps L5 9UD also covers Shadwell St and Athol St.

My SiL works for Merseyside Police he might look for me.

I could get a taxi but the £15 difference is not worth the hassle,,I’d rather drive myself.

Please look at #3.  As I said the address was given and clearly says 1, Boundary Street.  I suggest you may not have not looked at my post and Google Earth either.  There is only one road which borders the piece of land I described, so any other roads are totally irrelevant.  Postcodes  do cover more than one address, but individual addresses identify the locations in all cases. It does appear that the address is shared by Beer's building suppliers, which is next door and I suggest that may possibly be because CPS purchased the piece of land from Beers recently.  I do not see that will cause any confusion once you arrive there though as one will be clearly visible from the other.

What information have you been given by CPS?  They are usually quite good at giving instructions and often maps on how to get to their car parks.  A lot of people appear to have used that car park and I have not seen anyone else report having trouble finding it, so unlikely to be anything to worry about.

Edited by tring

It may not be that simple @tring.

CPS may be adding to the confusion. The window label for the car says 1 Boundary Street. L5 9UD, but on the back there is a little map with a route marked on it which appears to lead to Darwen Street, where there is also a vacant piece of ground on Google Maps.

edit to add: The directions meanwhile take you to the cruise terminal.

Edited by Colin_Cameron
  • Thanks 1

Hi Barbara

I have looked at Google Earth,I have looked at Google Maps,I have looked at post#3.
I have even done street view from The Strand to Beers timber yard.

On street view I can’t see an entry into that waste ground we can all see.

I can see entry into Beers where the CPS car park is.they are on Shadwell St and Athol St.

By asking the simple question where is the entrance and hoped that someone who has used the car park may enlighten me.

I don’t think you have used the car park so you are seeing what I see,so can’t help me.

ps I live 30 mins from the car park so believe me I will have no problem finding it.

Wether I go via the M57 through Bootle,,,down through Islington along St Anne St or through Garson along the Strand down Great Howard St.

Im going down through Otterpool so I see the ship early.

All I’m asking is,,,,,what street do I take a left off Great Howard St to the car park entrance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Yeh!! Found a gate on Boundary St.just behind the van before the railway bridge.

Notice on the map directions for L5 9UD takes you to Shadwell St.

E47342F9-80FE-4613-96A9-7EC30CC3B547.thumb.png.d8f54ff14a4b505c43d8b0e32870c971.png

Glad you have found it somewhere else.  Yes, Google Earth imaging is from when it was a piece of derilict land, as I had mentioned, so would not show an entrance.  I had seen an aerial view, (posted elsewhere by someone who had used the car park), showing that triangular area developed as a car park, situated between Beers and the railway line.

It does sound like the CPS instructions are quite confusing, indeed probably wrong.  I had seen no mention of that elsewhere and is why I asked about your CPS instructions.

Edited by tring

• 2 weeks later...

Found carpark OK although One end of Boundry St was closed off the diversion took you down along Great Howard St then a right down side streets to the carpark.

You will see CPS personnel and minibuses waiting to direct you.

It is a pice of waste ground with no line markings and you will be parked nose to tail.

Came off Borealis yesterday and operation to the CPS carpark worked Ok.

Bags taken from cabin straight to carpark.

You will be given tags marked Carpark with group #1 to 7.

Bare in mind if you are first into the car park it’s best if you are in the last group,you will be boxed in.

If you are in the back row against the railway wall there will be probably 5+ rows in front of you to get away first before you can,,,,,,they call group numbers out to disembark from ship.

We we’re in Group 4 and got called at 08:00,,,I was in the second row from the back.

Some alongside me were stuck,I managed to squeeze between 2 cars in front.