Kauai Luas

Traveller20074

On 8/15/2022 at 7:11 PM, 93yearsyoung said:

I've heard the luau is okay, but the Smith Family Luau is the only one we've ever done on Kauai.

Same with us we did this in the afternoon with Princess years ago but enjoyed the night one with NCL a few years back. See the area before dinner, eat, then just before dark get a seat great show.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Those two totally different experiences.  

NCL Luau is more of a broadway show.  Very interesting and enjoyable.  Lots of local artisans selling their wares before the show.

Smiths, is a an old-fashioned style show.  All low key and also enjoyable.  If possible do the river cruise if offered.

We go to Kauai every other year in our time share.  Often have done both.  Both events are fun and leave us feeling wonderful.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:24 PM, Traveller20074 said:

we're taking the NCL Discover Kauai and Luau.  I have heard varied reveiws on Facebook, and was wondering about it.

also doing the Shark Dive and Big Island Snorkel....can't wait!!!

Who are you doing the shark dive thru?

BTW.  We were last there Feb of 2021 in the middle of Covid.  The Smith Family luau was closed.  Just checked their website and learned that they are supposed to open in May of 2021.  Seeing how it is now Sept of 2022, I would not bet on them being open for your trip.

This is a shame as I think they are better than any of the hotel Luau's I have seen.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stoshb said:

BTW.  We were last there Feb of 2021 in the middle of Covid.  The Smith Family luau was closed.  Just checked their website and learned that they are supposed to open in May of 2021.  Seeing how it is now Sept of 2022, I would not bet on them being open for your trip. This is a shame as I think they are better than any of the hotel Luau's I have seen.  

The Smith Family Luau is open. I don't recall the OP saying when they were going to be there, but in October the Smith Family Luau has seven open dates and ten sold out. This is the quieter season so they offer the luau Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in October and in November they drop down to M, W, F.