RC Covid Testing

reefgeek83

With the ever changing testing requirements of COVID, I have a question I can't find the answer to.

We are cruising out of Seattle on Royal Caribbean to Alaska with one stop in BC Canada.

Do I need to test 2 days prior? (Wednesday for a Friday Departure)  Or 3 days prior to departure? (Tuesday for a Friday Departure)

I've seen wording for both, and I could test Wednesday but something just popped up in my life which will make Wednesday hard to test. I hate waiting until the last minute and test on Thursday. Looking for some clarification.

We are sailing on HAL and the requirement was 72 hours prior (very specific) for PCR, 2 days (not specific) for antigen.  Don't know if RC is different, but 2 days would certainly be safe for any of them.

Word of warning:  We've tested many times with Rite Aid and had fantastic service.  Now they have partnered with Quest Labs and it is TERRIBLE.  They aren't even busy and it took them until 11:59 pm the third day to get our results to us - and we would have missed the ship.  Ended up having to arrange a proctored test through Azova, where we used a sealed kit we already had and they monitored the entire process, from unsealing to incubation.  Then we uploaded a photo of the tests and got certification within a few minutes.

Good luck, and enjoy the cruise when you get there!  The stress beforehand - ugh.

3 hours ago, married to the addict said:

Word of warning:  We've tested many times with Rite Aid and had fantastic service.  Now they have partnered with Quest Labs and it is TERRIBLE.  They aren't even busy and it took them until 11:59 pm the third day to get our results to us - and we would have missed the ship.

CVS has been partnering with Quest Diagnostics from the beginning and we've always gotten results within 24-30 hours until last month-- my parents never got their results back for our European cruise. We still haven't gotten them, and we've come home from the 3-week trip already. No word or explanation from CVS at all. Princess tested them at the port for free because we had proof that they had test appointments during the correct timeframe but no results. Absolutely no clue if Royal does that because their FAQ page is so broken-- everything just redirects to their useless main page.