Government Issued COVID Tests with OnPoint Teleservice

mickeychicky

My family used Onpoint for the cruise we got off of today. We had no problems with anything. We used the $8 test you can buy at Target (I bought online). I purchased teleservices for three and we all did it on one appointment time. After I scheduled, I received an email from the with the Zoom invitation (showing the time with the time zone). In this email there was a link to fill out our patient registration. You need to fill it out for each person, and choose "client bill" instead of entering insurance information. After registering, I received emails with confirmation numbers for each of us. I received reminders containing the Zoom links the day before and day of the scheduled tests, again showing the time including time zone. When it was time for the test, we joined the Zoom and had to show our tests, which must be brand new and still sealed. We then took the tests on camera and I sat there until the proctor told me to check them. I held each one up in front of the camera and we were done. A few minutes later I got emails with login information to check our results, and about 20 minutes later I got the actual PDF reports via email, which I then uploaded to the VeriFLY app. A few minutes later, VeriFLY confirmed the results. All very easy, no issues or stress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GooniesAndy said:

My family used Onpoint for the cruise we got off of today. We had no problems with anything. We used the $8 test you can buy at Target (I bought online). I purchased teleservices for three and we all did it on one appointment time. After I scheduled, I received an email from the with the Zoom invitation (showing the time with the time zone). In this email there was a link to fill out our patient registration. You need to fill it out for each person, and choose "client bill" instead of entering insurance information. After registering, I received emails with confirmation numbers for each of us. I received reminders containing the Zoom links the day before and day of the scheduled tests, again showing the time including time zone. When it was time for the test, we joined the Zoom and had to show our tests, which must be brand new and still sealed. We then took the tests on camera and I sat there until the proctor told me to check them. I held each one up in front of the camera and we were done. A few minutes later I got emails with login information to check our results, and about 20 minutes later I got the actual PDF reports via email, which I then uploaded to the VeriFLY app. A few minutes later, VeriFLY confirmed the results. All very easy, no issues or stress.

Ty for detailed report. We go to Bermuda in October and they still require testing along with $40 so need to test. Will try Onpoint for first time using the test kits we received via USPS from government. Assume they are suitable. 

14 hours ago, Wennfred said:

You went to cheap out after spending thousands on your vacation. Stuff like this can happen.

Sounds like THEY didn't give themselves enough time first off.  The day before you leave?
That's on them.  At least they had back up appointments, which is what EVERYONE should
be doing if you aren't going to a CVS or Walgreens drive thru service.  I have free gov't tests as well as the tests I purchased from Optum that are proctored by eMed and I will be scheduling both, one on the 3rd day with OnPoint and one on the 2nd day with eMed before  our set sail date.  Not saying OnPoint wasn't in the wrong by rescheduling, but it appears more people have not had an issue than those that do. 

Edited by mickeychicky
  • Like 2

We took our tests today. We signed into the zoom call five minutes before the call started and they let us in at the exact time of our appointment. 
The two of us took our tests, and were done in less than 15 minutes. The young lady said that we would get an email in about an hour. We had the PDF results emailed to us 10 minutes later! ☺️

Gratefully the cruise lines are making changes to their protocols, so we will not have to test in future. But If there was a reason that we had to do a Covid test to travel in the future, we would choose Onpoint once again. it was a simple, streamlined process!