non-vaxxed cruising in January

sweetdardar

On 9/10/2022 at 4:59 PM, JohnBoy in NC said:

Are you sure this would happen? (NCL refunding you if they change their vaxx policy). I have a few weeks to decide before making final payment for Jan cruise. 

thanks

Based on prior NCL history-looks promising. Using the way back time machine, NCL posted this response in their FAQs from April 2021-August 2021:

Yes, if a guest has an active reservation as of April 5, 2021 for a cruise with a vaccination requirement (currently all sailings through October 31, 2021), that the guest is unable to comply with; guest will be permitted to apply the full value of all amounts paid to a new future cruise credit or, at their  discretion, be provided a cash refund in an amount equal to their original cash payment by visiting https://www.ncl.com/case-submission. For reservations that were made on or after April 6, 2021 the refund amount will be subject to Norwegian’s cancelation fee policy communicated to our guests at time of booking and can be found on our website https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

On 8/17/2022 at 9:53 PM, Greenpea2 said:

I'm confused now.  Am I missing something?

Hang in there.  I am on the December 3rd cruise and it will change and be more confusing by then.  I am hoping they toss the whole testing protocol.  Right now I can do it at home unsupervised!  How authentic is that?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, glentally said:

Hang in there.  I am on the December 3rd cruise and it will change and be more confusing by then.  I am hoping they toss the whole testing protocol.  Right now I can do it at home unsupervised!  How authentic is that?

If nothing else with flu season fast approaching I'm betting restrictions will get tighter

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 8:31 AM, cruiseny4life said:

Just remember that protocols can change on a whim. I haven't really researched, but I wonder if an insurance policy would cover not being vaccinated as a legitimate reason to cancel a cruise. of course cancel for any reason applies, but it never covers 100%.

Just be cautious and know that by December the Bahamas, a cruise line, the USA could require the vaccine. Of course my gut tells me that will not be the case, but with this COVID thing, you never know!

Also...ruin the carpets, not your lives. 🙂 

I believe if you book a cruise while the vaccine rules state one thing and then they change them later, making you not eligible to cruise, they will refund your money.  They would have to.  Think I saw something to this effect somewhere on their website.  I'd double check, but that just doesn't sound right if they would keep your money.