ABBA Museum / Princess Stockholm on your own your

Hi.

We will be going to Stockholm with Princess on their organised “on your own” tour from the Nyanashamn port. Can anyone advise where the tour bus would stop in Stockholm and how long it should take to get to the Abba museum which my wife wants to visit? Would like to know ( by foot, public transport) so can book a ticket/ time slot at the museum in advance.

Thanks in advance.

23 hours ago, raspberrypie123 said:

Hi.

We will be going to Stockholm with Princess on their organised “on your own” tour from the Nyanashamn port. Can anyone advise where the tour bus would stop in Stockholm and how long it should take to get to the Abba museum which my wife wants to visit? Would like to know ( by foot, public transport) so can book a ticket/ time slot at the museum in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Someone on Princess forum or someone in your roll call might be able to provide definite information.

Usually, it is near Palace or near train station.  

You can either take Tram 7 or if you rather walk down Gamla stan first then Ferry 82 from Slussen can take you across (stops right behind ABBA museum) in 10 minutes 

VASA museum is next door which is the top tourist attraction in Stockholm. But it is about one particular ship which sunk upon launch.

It's unfortunate that you will miss out on the most attractive part of Stockholm port visit (sailing in and out through archipelago)

Personally, I filter out sailings that stops at Nyanashan and not go to Stockholm.  

2 hours ago, raspberrypie123 said:

Thanks. That’s very helpful. When I booked the cruise it was docking in Stockholm but got changed shortly afterwards ☹️

As a rule of thumb Princess cruises either berth at Nynäshamn or have several hours shorter time in port when they do berth in central Stockholm. Thus they should be avoided.