Live from the Carnival Glory, 8/21-28/22

IslandHppy

25 minutes ago, IslandHppy said:

The aft mast has been stowed.  Lots of activity up on deck ten aft- loungers put away.   Looks like feels like a medivac.   Reports someone was ill earlier.   We are half way ish between the Dry Tortugas and New Orleans.  This is reportedly #2 of the trip.

Cancelled.  Here is the paperwork for Sunday boo hoo.  Reports the back to back process will be modified for the 55 ish guests due to a Coast Guard drill.  

20220827_092146-01.jpeg

20220827_092151-01.jpeg

20220827_103402.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinklucky61 said:

Was on Glory in Feb. this year as a group of 9, going by myself next April.  Signed up for early seating, prefer a table to myself, saw a bunch empty in Feb. Fingers crossed as I'm a bit of an introvert.

Enjoying your take on things.

Thanks.  I would not plan on a small early table.  Lots of seats at tables for 4/6/8.   It might vary by sailing.    Anytime Dining had more small tables and you can get in line for one on the app I think  I am not sure how to get to that dining room process wise.  

• Like 1

So in the industry there is a term "cruise vacation" the idea is it would be a package of services (more than just a ride on a ship).

The two Carnival ships out of New Orleans really deliver great vacations.  

I like:

Well organized port and parking. 

These ships have lots of shady and sunny deck space and loungers - the final answer on chair hogs is to have so many chairs aboard they cannot hog them all.

Minimal lines for anything

Very little indoor smoke - the lines need to do more here - ours had umbrellas and chairs and food delivered to a roomy outdoor space - seriously - an outdoor smoking bar might work.

Yummy food - not anything I would send back

Safe and secure - the team was visible and were clearly hitting the weight room

Minimal Muzak - I hate piped in music - some lines -RCCL- it is literally impossible to avoid it

Crazy low prices.

20220827_094146.jpg

• Like 2