Is pre-purchased specialty dining package still refundable (if not used) once on board

seapad

If someone is able to successfully bid for RoyalUp, and got one of the suites. If we have purchased (pre cruise) specialty dining package, can we request for refund of the package as soon as we're onboard as long as it's not yet been used?

Thanks in advance. 

8 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Yes but it will be OBC if you cancel less than 48 hours before sailing.

Thanks. That would be okay. Do you know if the Cruise Planner is still open though when it gets so close to the sail date? I wonder if it would need to be done on board at the customer service? 

1 minute ago, seapad said:

Thanks. That would be okay. Do you know if the Cruise Planner is still open though when it gets so close to the sail date? I wonder if it would need to be done on board at the customer service? 

When are you sailing?

13 minutes ago, seapad said:

If someone is able to successfully bid for RoyalUp, and got one of the suites. If we have purchased (pre cruise) specialty dining package, can we request for refund of the package as soon as we're onboard as long as it's not yet been used?

Thanks in advance. 

You probably know this but the RoyalUp would have to be to Star Class, not all suites get UDP included.

Just now, seapad said:

I don't know how long the CP is available, but as far as canceling goes, I happened to be in a suite for the sailing where I did it so the concierge handled it, but yes I believe guest services can remove it for you.  Also, IIRC it was refundable OBC so at the end of the cruise I was able to cash it out.  This was on Oasis, I don't know if that happens on all ships.

Just now, poocher said:

You probably know this but the RoyalUp would have to be to Star Class, not all suites get UDP included.

I am guessing the question may be for the same reason as my canceling, I hadn't eaten in Coastal Kitchen before so we dropped the UDP.  Looking back I probably would have switched to the 3 or 5 night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

I am guessing the question may be for the same reason as my canceling, I hadn't eaten in Coastal Kitchen before so we dropped the UDP.  Looking back I probably would have switched to the 3 or 5 night.

Thank you, this is so helpful. Will see if/which suite class we may end up with 🙂 

Just now, seapad said:

Thank you, this is so helpful. Will see if/which suite class we may end up with 🙂 

Good luck! I ended up paying for the upgrade to Crown Loft Suite because the minimum bid was slightly more than the upgrade (coming from JS).

4 minutes ago, seapad said:

By the way, @VMatty, did you find the Coastal Kitchen menu to be repetitive? (since you mentioned that you would have switched to the 3 or 5 night)

Yes, I forgot to mention that in my last post.... it's not like the MDR where you have completely different menus.  Even on a 7-day sailing I'd find the same menu for lunch that was dinner two nights before.  I mean there were still things I would like, even as a vegetarian with my limited options.  However, instead of one night at 150 Central Park I would have probably done at least 3 nights specialty and saved the CK for mostly breakfast and lunch.

ETA Also this was Oasis with a lot more restaurants than most other ships, so that may factor into your decision.  Enchantment on the other hand has only Chops.

Edited by vjmatty
ETA
  • Like 1