Cruising on Arcadia now

Fionboard

A couple of posters wanted a report on what it is like on Arcadia now.  Got off Baltic cruise yesterday so here is  brief summary.

Ship - in good condition, smart, tidy and clean.  Some new carpets and furnishing since I was last on her.  Heard a few rumblings about plumbing issues but none affected me.

Cabin - really big with large balcony overlooking wake.  Very comfortable.

Food - good, same standard as on other ships this year.  Not much variation in veg (supply issues?)

Service - excellent (as usual).  Full complement of crew on board (850) and ship not full.

Itinerary - excellent.  Only Visby missed due to winds.  The usual old favourites plus, for me, three new ports:

Riga - loved it.  Similar to Tallin but on a grander scale.

Kiel - hated it.  Boring and dirty. (Need to do a trip here unless you like shopping at Primark, etc!)

Frederica - loved it.  Great welcome from the locals including canon salute and band at arrival and departure!  Pretty and interesting.

Weather - outstanding plus calm seas throughout.

Summary -  a very sociable and enjoyable cruise.

Hope I have not been too long winded!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

On Arcadia at the beginning of next month. Please can you tell me if the Globe is still being used as a venue for the second morning presentation as it was last month which was a nightmare. Also, please, is afternoon tea now being served in the MDR as well as the buffet. 

1 minute ago, Lyndylou57 said:

On Arcadia at the beginning of next month. Please can you tell me if the Globe is still being used as a venue for the second morning presentation as it was last month which was a nightmare. Also, please, is afternoon tea now being served in the MDR as well as the buffet. 

Sorry cannot help as never went in the Globe or had afternoon tea.

22 hours ago, Fionboard said:

A couple of posters wanted a report on what it is like on Arcadia now.  Got off Baltic cruise yesterday so here is  brief summary.

Ship - in good condition, smart, tidy and clean.  Some new carpets and furnishing since I was last on her.  Heard a few rumblings about plumbing issues but none affected me.

Cabin - really big with large balcony overlooking wake.  Very comfortable.

Food - good, same standard as on other ships this year.  Not much variation in veg (supply issues?)

Service - excellent (as usual).  Full complement of crew on board (850) and ship not full.

Itinerary - excellent.  Only Visby missed due to winds.  The usual old favourites plus, for me, three new ports:

Riga - loved it.  Similar to Tallin but on a grander scale.

Kiel - hated it.  Boring and dirty. (Need to do a trip here unless you like shopping at Primark, etc!)

Frederica - loved it.  Great welcome from the locals including canon salute and band at arrival and departure!  Pretty and interesting.

Weather - outstanding plus calm seas throughout.

Summary -  a very sociable and enjoyable cruise.

Hope I have not been too long winded!

Pleased to hear you had a great cruise.

Paulines best friend's nephew has just joined Arcadia as an engineering officer.