Gift Experiences

emam

I know what the answer will be (money) but I'm still going to put this out there. 

Why do all of P&O's gift experiences contain alcohol and chocolates? I'm sure there will be plenty of people out there who don't or can't drink alcohol and eat chocolates but who may be interested in a gift experience. I wouldn't class fish as something I would like for a gift. While most people on here do drink I have seen a small amount of people who don't.

• Like 1

Thank you Emma for highlighting this and I am in total agreement with you. I hate the smell and taste of alcohol (I do like chocolate but can live without it) and resent the assumption that a bottle of wine/bubbly/cocktail/beer is an appropriate gift for everyone. I have virtually had to beg for a cruise point instead of a 'fabulous bottle of P&O bubbly' when our team occasionally wins a quiz or other competition. It’s the same with ‘compensation' when a problem occurs……no, a bottle of wine isn’t  ok for those of us who ‘don’t drink'. It is the same in so many situations, not just cruise lines. Surely it wouldn’t be too difficult to find some alternatives - the equivalent in soft drinks, a coffee card, a voucher, the equivalent value in OBC, a meal in a speciality restaurant for more 'serious' problems.

Sorry about the rant and glad that I am not the only person who feels this way.

• Like 3