Anyone had a free upgrade?

gteach

49 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It depends which ship you are on, the obstructed cabins on E deck on Ventura and Azura are exactly the same size and layout as the inside of the balcony cabins, and you get some daylight.

It's on Azura 👌 I believe they're normally slightly bigger than insides too!

Last minute booking on Azura for January. Booked the superior deluxe cat DE guarantee. But did book “cross the tick” But do the homework and look at what is the worst cabin location for you/lifestyle/daylife pattern/irritations and beyond. Look at deckplans and the usual googly stuff on where you could be and what is the potential for other noises etc as well considering mobility issues etc.

I had the bidding email this week for my trip I have just booked. I placed a little on for upgrade for suites (I am off the back of a few suites -sorry - different lines but then again I am quite promiscuous on lines and cabin types - happy with insides btw ) but then I researched further (t and c’s, deckplans etc) and cancelled those bids. Horses for courses and all that. I realised for this particular trip and my circs. that I am happy on this line and this particular ship with that cabin grade wherever we are situated. So I had a bit of an escape and can spend that money elsewhere. Sometimes upgrades aren’t all that they are cracked out to be. Just feel comfortable in yourself and do research. 

On 8/21/2022 at 3:06 PM, Francisdrake said:

Never had a real upgrade only supposed upgrade I've had is to a higher category of the same type of cabin but never noticed any actual difference.

That's changed now,  got upgraded from a standard balcony to a deluxe balcony on Azura in the canaries in February this year,   still the same in that it was still an upgrade from a balcony to a higher grade balcony cabin but the balcony was one of the really big ones with a lot more space than a standard balcony.     

Guess any free upgrades are unlikely to happen now they've introduced pay for an upgrade though.

Edited by Francisdrake

So today finally, after booking a late saver on Brittania we got our cabin confirmation today which is 7 days before we travel. We got upgraded from an HF grade to a GE  balcony which i think may be slightly bigger with a Sofa . The downside is that it is above the Live lounge  on deck 8  so we may get some noise. 

But hey we will give it a go and see what happens. Ear plugs are always an option lol.

Still no options to book main ding rooms or entertainment so i guess we will have to do this once on board when we have our dining arrangements.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Technoman2 said:

So today finally, after booking a late saver on Brittania we got our cabin confirmation today which is 7 days before we travel. We got upgraded from an HF grade to a GE  balcony which i think may be slightly bigger with a Sofa . The downside is that it is above the Live lounge  on deck 8  so we may get some noise. 

But hey we will give it a go and see what happens. Ear plugs are always an option lol.

Still no options to book main ding rooms or entertainment so i guess we will have to do this once on board when we have our dining arrangements.

Sorry this is off topic but you can't book the MDR on Britannia only speciality ones. Are they available/?