First Time Cruiser: Miami Port Hotel/Shuttle?

LTCSteve

Hi: I am, or will be, a first time cruiser, (Difficult to believe but at age 73 I have never been on a cruise!), out of Miami on Virgin in November...I am sure this question has been asked many times, but my head is swimming with all of the details I need to figure out...I will be arriving at Miami International Airport so I will need a hotel shuttle...Then, two days later, I will need a shuttle from the hotel to the port...I would really appreciate any moderately priced suggestions for a nice hotel with either free or paid cruise port shuttle service that won't break my already broken budget! Your help and patience is appreciated!

Welcome to the boards! 😎

Hampton Inn Mary Brickell in downtown Miami is the most often suggested option on this board and can shuttle you for a fee to the port.  From the airport to the hotel you can use a taxi, Uber/ Lyft or some public transport options (if you can carry your own bags).

A few hotels out near the airport used to offer both airport and port shuttles (Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, Embassy Suites MIA and La Quinta East), but I am not sure they still offer port shuttles and you do not want to be stuck near the airport for 2 days.

Budget and dates will help the suggestions to be closer to your target - your moderate might be my splurge - as hotel rates vary with the season (the $300+ room in Feb can go for under $100 in August).

Have a great cruise! 

The Miami Intercontinental Hotel is only minutes away from the Port Of Miami. A cab from MIA should run you less than thirty dollars. On embarkation day a cab to the Port is less than ten dollars. A cab, Uber or Lyft should be a lot easier that a shared shuttle or a reserved shuttle. At the conclusion of your cruise a cab back to MIA is around twenty eight dollars plus tip.

2 hours ago, Tobleronebar said:

Hampton Inn Mary Brickell in downtown Miami 

Can you walk to restaurants? Shops?

Absolutely! There are a couple of restaurants right next door and may others within walking distance. Shops are within walking distance. We were there 3/22 and are booked again for next year.

• Like 1