My time dining

tauntoncheer

You either book early or late seating or My Time Dining. My Time Dining is fine, especially if on your first night you ask to be seated at the same table at the same time with the same waitstaff.   On most ships My Time Dining each table is used two times during dinner service. If dining room service begins at 6:00PM they try to serve you and get you done by 8:00PM so that they can seat another party as soon as you leave.

Pro Tip, they usually open up the blue reservation button 5 to 10 minutes earlier so if you want to have less wait and want to book when it’s available you can try that.

Ive never done anytime dining because wait times but for Brunch you do have to reserve and after the 1st hour it’s a 50 minute wait time, this was on Carnival this past week. Every ship is different and it all depends on staffing.

Fred

Just now, Wennfred said:

Pro Tip, they usually open up the blue reservation button 5 to 10 minutes earlier so if you want to have less wait and want to book when it’s available you can try that.

Ive never done anytime dining because wait times but for Brunch you do have to reserve and after the 1st hour it’s a 50 minute wait time, this was on Carnival this past week. Every ship is different and it all depends on staffing.

Fred

Is the wait time really any different?  People start lining up a half for dinner at least 30 minutes early for set dining times. Then you have sit them all down at almost the exact same time.  I can walk in to my time at almost anytime I want or check in 10 minutes before my table and will be notified when my table is ready. 

It's actually called Your Time Dining and is definitely the best choice for US on Mardi Gras - not because we like the MDR but after 3 cruises on MG, we prefer the other options. With YTD, the MDR, Chibang, and Cucina are all options and you can select any of these at any time starting at 5:30. You will have less of a wait time if you check in on the app at 5:30 but we also didn't have terrible wait times if we waited to check in around 6:00 or 6:30 (10 minutes vs 20 minutes in most cases). Guy's Pig & Anchor is also an option but that's open for everyone, not just those on YTD. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

Fred

Have you actually been on Mardi Gras? Because Mardi Gras is the perfect example of how YTD should and does work.

When we booked we asked for Your Time Dining but our planner shows dinner time at 8:30. Is our our best route to call Carnival as I do not see a way to edit it on our planner or just wait till we get on ship. We do not sail until February. Again thank you all for the help. 

Since you don't cruise until February, you should be able to click on the edit button and select YTD if it's available. If not, ask your PVP if they're able to change it (if you used one) or call Carnival. If you used a TA, they'll need to do it for you.Last case scenario, once you get on board see the Maitre D in the dining room as early as possible. We had to do that in May since we jumped to MG 2 days before the cruise date when Freedom caught fire. If you booked on your own, keep checking because availability can change due to cancellations or changes 

• Like 1

Unless you have a large dining group and all want to sit together, YTD on the Mardi Gras is a no-brainer.  Not only do you have first dibs on booking reservations for Chibang! and the Cucina (set-time diners MUST wait until after 7pm or so to book), but the two venues are officially considered an extension of your evening dining:  your Sign and Sail card will state "Your Time Dining -- _______, Cucina, Chibang"  

The blank is where your assigned MDR would go (Palm or Flamingo), and it seems to vary based on the sailing.

To the OP, good luck!  Hope you can make the switch!  

21 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

It's actually called Your Time Dining and is definitely the best choice for US on Mardi Gras - not because we like the MDR but after 3 cruises on MG, we prefer the other options. With YTD, the MDR, Chibang, and Cucina are all options and you can select any of these at any time starting at 5:30. You will have less of a wait time if you check in on the app at 5:30 but we also didn't have terrible wait times if we waited to check in around 6:00 or 6:30 (10 minutes vs 20 minutes in most cases). Guy's Pig & Anchor is also an option but that's open for everyone, not just those on YTD. 

Will you please explain to me how I would make a reservation for Cucina?  We have a party of 11 and we all have YTD, and one night we would like to go to Cucina.  We have reservations for the Steak House, Chef's table and Rudi's, so I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that we just show up at our reserved time.  

We have sailed Carnival in the past, but not where we have had the options that we have on Mardi Gras.  Thanks so much.

If you are able to get switched to Your Time Dining, just wanted to give you a heads up.  Night two is the worst on the MG with the dining room since it's 🦞 night and the wait can skew much longer than the other six nights.  Because of this, the dining room opened up a half hour earlier at 5:00 and both Chibang as well as Cucina offered lobster tails with their regular menus.

Surf n turf consisting of rare prime rib with tail goes down very easy.

Edited by CruizinSusan70

Just now, katiel53 said:

Will you please explain to me how I would make a reservation for Cucina?  We have a party of 11 and we all have YTD, and one night we would like to go to Cucina.  We have reservations for the Steak House, Chef's table and Rudi's, so I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that we just show up at our reserved time.  

We have sailed Carnival in the past, but not where we have had the options that we have on Mardi Gras.  Thanks so much.

Check in on the app with your party of 11 for Cucina and the app will tell you how long of a wait it will be for your party.  I believe multiple tables would have to be combined since I do not recall seeing a single table that holds 12 in Cucina.

As a side note, I highly recommend going to Chibang for sea day lunch and having one of their noodle broth bowls, delicious.

• Like 1