Carnival Magic NYC August 3-11, 2022. The Last of Joe Farcus’ Designs

nybumpkin

6 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

Magic is the last of Carnival’s Joe-Farcus-designed ships. Having sailed on many of the older ships, I thought Magic was pretty tame, design-wise.

Great review. I enjoyed the one cruise I took on Magic. I've read somewhere that Farcus was only partially responsible for the design of Magic and that other designers worked with him which is why you still see his touches, but you can also start to see where Carnival had decided to get away from the Vegas at Sea look. 

OMG!!!!!!
Did I somehow miss this being another cut back?????

Had Guy’s twice – while the burger was good, I was disappointed that they cut back the available toppings. My “go to” burger use to be a Plain Jane with cheese, topped with bacon and mushrooms and one of Guy’s sauces. The sauces are there, but the bacon and mushrooms were no more. 

Were the onions still on the toppings bar?? 

If this is true, I think we just hit the ‘what would it take to be over Carniva’l thread event. 
THAT’S too much. Dang, I hope this is a one off for some reason. With all the other bs changes they’re making……poo…I’m so disappointed….Crud….2 newbies on next up cruise. I’m about to be embarrassed to bring them. 

Yes, I know they were shut down, blah blah blah. But good heavens….

Thank you for your review. Very enjoyable read. But, this is baaaaad news 😞

Edited by silvercrikhix

11 hours ago, silvercrikhix said:

Were the onions still on the toppings bar?? 

Onions were there, and so were potato sticks. While I was disappointed with what was available, it didn't stop me from going to Guy's twice on this cruise.🙂

• Thanks 1

great review and makes us even more excited for our turn on the Magic this October and again in April next spring. will be an 8 day eastern in October and an 8 day southern in the spring. is our second and third time on Magic. we also have not been on a cruise since February 2020 and are so ready for a lot of the things you enjoyed on your cruise.