Snorkeling in Grand Turk?

stacimcc

We're looking into snorkeling while here, preferably booking with a local company, in October.   I do not see any recent posts about local tour companies offering it, so would anyone have any recommendations?  Are there any local reefs worth seeing?

• 6 months later...
On 8/20/2022 at 2:11 PM, stacimcc said:

We're looking into snorkeling while here, preferably booking with a local company, in October.   I do not see any recent posts about local tour companies offering it, so would anyone have any recommendations?  Are there any local reefs worth seeing?

Wondering how it went. We will be at GT in June and love to snorkel. Would be open to local guide, ship excursion or doing our own thing. Don't really want to lug my old snorkel gear on the cruise, but I heard somewhere that COVID reduced the places that rent gear. Any info please

I went like 8 years ago,  went thru a local tour company cheaper.  Yes I know your not protected by Carnival and if something happens the ship could leave you if you were on a non Carnival tour, but the ship is right there.  Will not happen.  I can not recommend anyone specific, but Grand Turk is one the best places to snorkel.  The water is crystal clear and the highlight is the "Wall"  the area where they take you.  your in like 20 feet of water or shallower and then all of a sudden there is a wall the edge of the earth and it drops to pitch darkness.  It is incredible.  Lots of fish to see!!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/28/2023 at 11:14 AM, Robpuffdaddy said:

I went like 8 years ago,  went thru a local tour company cheaper.  Yes I know your not protected by Carnival and if something happens the ship could leave you if you were on a non Carnival tour, but the ship is right there.  Will not happen.  I can not recommend anyone specific, but Grand Turk is one the best places to snorkel.  The water is crystal clear and the highlight is the "Wall"  the area where they take you.  your in like 20 feet of water or shallower and then all of a sudden there is a wall the edge of the earth and it drops to pitch darkness.  It is incredible.  Lots of fish to see!!!

We  went  on a  snorkling  tour  in Grand  Turk through  the  cruiseline . Oue  excursion  got  back  late , The  ship  waited  for  us . We  dropped  our  stuff  back  at  the  room  went up  to  get  a  burger  from  Guys  and  before  we   ordered  the  ship was  pulling  away . If  you  do  do  an  excursion  with  a different  vendor  make  sure  they  have plenty  of  time from  when  the  excursion  ends and  that  you  need  to  be  back.