Cruise Critic Message Boards

Sky Sweet

Do you agree with this quote from Dr Seuss? If so, is your opinion different for real life relationships with close friends and family than posting on a message board?

"Be who you are,and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I personally believe my posts are a true reflection of who I am......I believe in being honest.. good bad or indifferent.. I was taught honesty is always best.. will I always like the thruth...Hell naw.. but then again.. the truth never hurt me either.

I personally believe my posts are a true reflection of who I am......I believe in being honest.. good bad or indifferent.. I was taught honesty is always best.. will I always like the thruth...Hell naw.. but then again.. the truth never hurt me either.

Very well said. I also believe in being honest, but on the other hand I do not want to hurt people's feelings so if a subject is what I would call controversial on this board comes up I just do not respond. And I think we all know what subjects tend to be controversail.:rolleyes:

Marilyn

Very well said. I also believe in being honest, but on the other hand I do not want to hurt people's feelings so if a subject is what I would call controversial on this board comes up I just do not respond. And I think we all know what subjects tend to be controversail.:rolleyes:

Marilyn

I fully believe it is possible to converse without being condescending. Even though we are all espousing opinions there's no reason we can't do that in mutual respect. I don't think criticizing a "ship" is in the same class as criticizing a "person" so I would feel fine reading or writing any opinion about a ship or cruise. I always read people's opinions as opinions and consider them in the mix. So... being honest is definitely a good IMO in these forums. However, beng mean is never good.

That said, I think we all need to realize that these are just "words" here and if we always assume people mean the "worst" we will be offended, however if we assume they are just talking we can let a lot of stuff just slide. We can chalk it up to it just being words and that we may or not may not always be able to perfectly divine the intention of them.

I'd rather take the chance on being offended rather than read only sugar coated posts.

Tom

Marilyn

Would you like to dress down your response....Just kidding :)

Marilyn, I agree with you only to a degree: I think you can respond to al subjects in a way that you aren't insulting or I would hope you are not and yet can give your honest opinion. This does not mean to personally attack anyone or anyones ideas; it doesn't mean to put people down if you disagree with them whether it be thiers views on good and bad cruises or cruise lines, dress code, liqour laws, kids and cruising or any of the other topics. NMnita

Archived