Beverage Question(Not Your Average), BUT Specific :-)

No, thi sis not just another should i buy or not the beverage apckage 🙂  We are..  but as I am relatively new to RCI, having only sailed 1x back in 2018...... i have a few specific questions.  Info...we will be on the Jewel OTS for 6 nights in February heading toNassau, LAbadee, and Flamouth.

1.  The wife likes sparkling water..  what brand/s does RCI have?

2.  Also, she like vodka and club soda..is this available at the bars etc??

3.  What bar would one go to if they wanted a great martini??

4.  RCI still using Coke products?  I know Carnival did switch

5.  Is 1800, Avion, and Patron Silver the only tequila brands on the ship??

6.  Milkshakes onboard?  The coffee shop do them or another place??

7.  Can you order a alcoholic drink and then also a shot at the same time?? or can i get two drinks at one time for myself and my wife or is it one at a time??

8.  and one not beverage query.   on formal nights, what is the menu like in main dining room??  Ie>  carnival has lobster?  what is RCI claim to fame?/

Thanks in advance for ALL responses 🙂

How long is your cruise. Rcl has same lobster night. I love the short ribs which are like roast, and the pepper soup and the no sugar added berry cobbler. I also like theme nights in WJ on other nights.

Their claim to fame maybe is their free strip steak in the Mdr for dinner can be eaten. Carnival new cut of steak was all grizzled. Also rcl has bscon in WJ every morning unlike carnival. 

Idk if your ship has a johnny rockets for milk shakes. It has ben and Jerry's ice cream and you can grab a carton of milk from WJ and make one if not. I'm a fan of the fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast. 3.50 but included with a couple of the drink pkgs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

No, thi sis not just another should i buy or not the beverage apckage 🙂  We are..  but as I am relatively new to RCI, having only sailed 1x back in 2018...... i have a few specific questions.  Info...we will be on the Jewel OTS for 6 nights in February heading toNassau, LAbadee, and Flamouth.

1.  The wife likes sparkling water..  what brand/s does RCI have? not sure 

2.  Also, she like vodka and club soda..is this available at the bars etc?? Yes absolutely, and you can get a wide variety of brands of vodka. 

3.  What bar would one go to if they wanted a great martini?? Depends on the ship, either R Bar, Champagne Bar, Rising Tides...really a great martini is all about a great bartender. 

4.  RCI still using Coke products?  I know Carnival did switch Still Coke I think 

5.  Is 1800, Avion, and Patron Silver the only tequila brands on the ship?? Not sure but I wouldn't plan on any ONE brand being available, due to supply demand problems 

6.  Milkshakes onboard?  The coffee shop do them or another place?? Johnny Rockets has milkshakes, I think they are included in the beverage package.

7.  Can you order a alcoholic drink and then also a shot at the same time?? or can i get two drinks at one time for myself and my wife or is it one at a time?? I think one per person/one per card. So you can give the bartender two cards and get two drinks... one for you, one for your wife. However, if you get to know your bartender, you could probably order a drink and then shortly after ordering the drink get a shot. 

8.  and one not beverage query.   on formal nights, what is the menu like in main dining room??  Ie>  carnival has lobster?  what is RCI claim to fame?/ not sure sorry! 

Thanks in advance for ALL responses 🙂

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

How long is your cruise. Rcl has same lobster night. I love the short ribs which are like roast, and the pepper soup and the no sugar added berry cobbler. I also like theme nights in WJ on other nights.

Their claim to fame maybe is their free strip steak in the Mdr for dinner can be eaten. Carnival new cut of steak was all grizzled. Also rcl has bscon in WJ every morning unlike carnival. 

Idk if your ship has a johnny rockets for milk shakes. It has ben and Jerry's ice cream and you can grab a carton of milk from WJ and make one if not. I'm a fan of the fresh squeezed OJ for breakfast. 3.50 but included with a couple of the drink pkgs.

I snuck the ship info in the original post 🙂  Jewel of the Seas for 6 nights 🙂   I asked about the shakes as I had thought i got them at the coffee place when I sailed Radiance back in 2018.  Good to know about the lobster.  I love it 🙂   Decent steak in Main would be great also.  Thanks!!!!! 🙂

1 minute ago, soapbxking said:

I snuck the ship info in the original post 🙂  Jewel of the Seas for 6 nights 🙂   I asked about the shakes as I had thought i got them at the coffee place when I sailed Radiance back in 2018.  Good to know about the lobster.  I love it 🙂   Decent steak in Main would be great also.  Thanks!!!!! 🙂

Ok I see the 6 nights. Idk if lobster or not. Might be like carnival, 7 nights and longer.

No milkshakes at ben and Jerry's I've seen. By the coffee. My last they used cups for the ice cream and not cones. Ran out.

Dinner was better and also the WJ buffet. Jewel is small and not as many food choices let's be honest. I would order a martini in the diamond lounge, but I'm diamond. Idk which bar. 

I actually did jewel and loved the glass elevators, very pretty. We didnt drink much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soapbxking said:

1.  The wife likes sparkling water..  what brand/s does RCI have?

I was served San Pellegrino at restaurants.  Bars used the soda water hose.  I am sure you could ask the bars for a specific brand if that is important.

2.  Also, she like vodka and club soda..is this available at the bars etc??

Yes.  I often ordered a gin+soda+lime when I wanted a break from cocktails with juice/syrup in them.

3.  What bar would one go to if they wanted a great martini??

The MDR does a solid martini, although they kept bringing them out with olives even though I asked for a twist (this was a bar problem, not my server, who was great and frustrated that they persistently messed it up lol).

150 Central Park has a good cucumber martini.  I would recommend one of the indoor bars (Schooner's, restaurant/specialty restaurant, etc.) since they probably get more martini orders than the pool bars (and therefore more experience with them).  That is mostly speculative, though.

The best specialty restaurant bar for me was Wonderland, just because it was large and truly a sit-down bar.  I did not have a martini there, but the cocktails off the Wonderland menu were good.

4.  RCI still using Coke products?  I know Carnival did switch

Yes.

5.  Is 1800, Avion, and Patron Silver the only tequila brands on the ship??

Not sure, but those were the only ones I saw.  You may need to smuggle your Don Julio on board.

6.  Milkshakes onboard?  The coffee shop do them or another place??

Johnny Rockets does vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and Oreo cookies and creme.  They are included in the refreshment and deluxe beverage packages.  I did not bother trying to get them from anywhere else, since I like JR shakes.  Cafe Promenade or Park Cafe would be your best bets elsewhere I think, since they handle coffee and maybe related stuff.

7.  Can you order a alcoholic drink and then also a shot at the same time?? or can i get two drinks at one time for myself and my wife or is it one at a time??

With the DBP, you can only order one drink at a time per card.  I was able to get a second drink about a minute or two later without issue I did not experiment with shorter time periods.

8.  and one not beverage query.   on formal nights, what is the menu like in main dining room??  Ie>  carnival has lobster?  what is RCI claim to fame?/

One formal night was not a vastly different menu.  The second formal night had both beef tenderloin and lobster tail.  You can have as many as you want.  Three people in my group had a total of 12 lobster tails.  One of us had 6 of those by himself.

NOTE:  The above was for Symphony of the Seas, 7-night, so not everything will carry over.

Edited by baelor
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, baelor said:

I was served San Pellegrino at restaurants.  Bars used the soda water hose.  I am sure you could ask the bars for a specific brand if that is important.

Yes.  I often ordered a gin+soda+lime when I wanted a break from cocktails with juice/syrup in them.

The MDR does a solid martini, although they kept bringing them out with olives even though I asked for a twist (this was a bar problem, not my server, who was great and frustrated that they persistently messed it up lol).

150 Central Park has a good cucumber martini.  I would recommend one of the indoor bars (Schooner's, restaurant/specialty restaurant, etc.) since they probably get more martini orders than the pool bars (and therefore more experience with them).  That is mostly speculative, though.

The best specialty restaurant bar for me was Wonderland, just because it was large and truly a sit-down bar.  I did not have a martini there, but the cocktails off the Wonderland menu were good.

Yes.

Not sure, but those were the only ones I saw.  You may need to smuggle your Don Julio on board.

Johnny Rockets does vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and Oreo cookies and creme.  They are included in the refreshment and deluxe beverage packages.  I did not bother trying to get them from anywhere else, since I like JR shakes.  Cafe Promenade or Park Cafe would be your best bets elsewhere I think, since they handle coffee and maybe related stuff.

With the DBP, you can only order one drink at a time per card.  I was able to get a second drink about a minute or two later without issue I did not experiment with shorter time periods.

One formal night was not a vastly different menu.  The second formal night had both beef tenderloin and lobster tail.  You can have as many as you want.  Three people in my group had a total of 12 lobster tails.  One of us had 6 of those by himself.

NOTE:  The above was for Symphony of the Seas, 7-night, so not everything will carry over.

thanks for that info 🙂

22 hours ago, topnole said:

FYI.  A lot of that will not apply as many of those venues don’t exist on the ship you will be on.  

i know, but they were trying to be helpful, so i let them roll 🙂  Still waiting on some of the info 🙂

• Like 2