Swapping people in rooms

Bergyjoe

Hi All, 

I've cruised a good amount but have a question as this is the first time we will be brining our kids with these room categories. Currently have two rooms booked, one Neptune and one Verandah. Since our kids are under 18 we have to do the reservation with my husband and kid 1 (neptune) and me and kid 2 (in verandah). Once on board we will swap the rooms (since they wont let you do that ahead of time) to put my husband and I in the neptune and kids in the verandah. Can anyone confirm that when they have done this the perks have transferred accordingly? I have had family do this with different perks associated with the room (i.e. have it all on one room, not on the other) and sometimes it transfers to align with the folks in the room sometime it doesn't. Just wanted to see folks experience with this. 

We have had similar situation but in our case the rooms were adjoining. When we booked it had to be 1 adult/1 under 18 per room but once onboard they were ok with the kids in their own room (ages 17 and 14) and perks transferred accordingly. However, the big difference for us was that the rooms had a connecting door. If this wasn't the case they said that, for a variety of reasons (which were completely understandable), they would not allow the kids to be on their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bergyjoe said:

Hi All, 

I've cruised a good amount but have a question as this is the first time we will be brining our kids with these room categories. Currently have two rooms booked, one Neptune and one Verandah. Since our kids are under 18 we have to do the reservation with my husband and kid 1 (neptune) and me and kid 2 (in verandah). Once on board we will swap the rooms (since they wont let you do that ahead of time) to put my husband and I in the neptune and kids in the verandah. Can anyone confirm that when they have done this the perks have transferred accordingly? I have had family do this with different perks associated with the room (i.e. have it all on one room, not on the other) and sometimes it transfers to align with the folks in the room sometime it doesn't. Just wanted to see folks experience with this. 

It's my understanding that since you can't have kids <18 alone in a cabin, they won't switch the Neptune amenities to you. The Neptune Concierge knows exactly who is in each Neptune suite. Some are more strict than others about allowing non-Neptune suite people into the Neptune Lounge. However, there is nothing to prevent you from switching keys and having your husband bring you snacks from the Lounge back to your suite. I just don't believe they will officially allow you into the Lounge.

2 hours ago, Bergyjoe said:

...Once on board we will swap the rooms (since they wont let you do that ahead of time) to put my husband and I in the neptune and kids in the verandah. Can anyone confirm that when they have done this the perks have transferred accordingly? 

I think you can get another room (door) key for the two who are moving, but the S&S card remains the same so therefore only your husband and kid 1 will get to use the Neptune lounge. Hoping the NS and Verandah are adjacent if not connecting? I have read on CC of people who put the kids directly across the hall in an Inside with the parents in a Verandah...

I am reporting what others have said, never having been in the situation.

Edited by crystalspin

Nobody REALLY cares where the guests lay their head on a pillow, be it a minute or an hour. It’s moreso a legality thing I suspect, so keep the perks where they best benefit your entire group. We did a similar arrangement a few yrs. ago.