Sunrise Adjoining Cabin

kapcruiser

Yep, AVOID connecting rooms at all cost if you can.  You most certainly CAN hear more from the room next to you.  The walls are thin enough as it is, and with the door there it just makes it worse.  We made that mistake once or twice because we had no option to get the Scenic Ocean View rooms we wanted, and you can hear conversations, talking, TV, etc. through the door. So, if you get a neighbor that is the least bit loud or uncourteous you will pay for it.

Had a connecting room only once, I will never sail in one again unless given the cruise free. We could definitely hear our neighbors very clearly and they were not crazy or rambunctious. The walls are thin enough as it is. Room location is very important to me when selecting a room, notice when looking at available cabins on a ship that is selling out well that the connecting rooms are often the last ones selected by experienced cruisers.

I also avoid them after being assigned one (not on Carnival) as a solo guarantee.  Besides the noise issue, the room had different furniture than a comparable non-connecting cabin due to the space needed for the door to the connecting cabin, specifically there was a chair instead of a couch.

• Like 1