Enough time to Goto top of Pulpit Rock - Stavanger

nyckfocus

I want do the hike to the top of Pulpit Rock.If you book via PO it says its 7 hrs but its £109 , if you book the independent bus its only £31 , the bus takes 1 hour each way and the hike 3-5 hrs , the bus leaves 9am / 10 am etc , so not sure about timings

P&O are very sneaky by not list their docking times at Stavanger . I called their call centre and they were very vague saying it would be docking some time in the morning and leaving in the afternoon which i already knew ,saying if i was worried to book on their excursions .

After a bit  of  toing and froing and a white lie on my part she eventually told me its due in at 9am and leaving at 5pm but  must be onboard for 2.30pm not sure why the 2 1/2 hour  difference between boarding and departing ??

So has anyone done the Pulpit rock independently ,

21 minutes ago, nyckfocus said:

I want do the hike to the top of Pulpit Rock.If you book via PO it says its 7 hrs but its £109 , if you book the independent bus its only £31 , the bus takes 1 hour each way and the hike 3-5 hrs , the bus leaves 9am / 10 am etc , so not sure about timings

P&O are very sneaky by not list their docking times at Stavanger . I called their call centre and they were very vague saying it would be docking some time in the morning and leaving in the afternoon which i already knew ,saying if i was worried to book on their excursions .

After a bit  of  toing and froing and a white lie on my part she eventually told me its due in at 9am and leaving at 5pm but  must be onboard for 2.30pm not sure why the 2 1/2 hour  difference between boarding and departing ??

So has anyone done the Pulpit rock independently ,

See this thread for port timing

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2875248-iona-fjords-port-timings/#comment-63814151

The Port of Stavanger has all remaining Iona calls this year as being 0900 to 1700 but as you will see on the other thread, she was 0930 to 1630 that day. From your timings, it looks like it should be possible to do independently but bear in mind that any delays en-route could be crucial. The ship may well not wait for late pax who are on independent tours.

Heaven knows why the person you spoke to said that the ship is in until 1700 but all pax have to be back on board by 1430. Latest all-aboard time is usually 30 minutes before sailing.

58 minutes ago, Britboys said:

The Port of Stavanger has all remaining Iona calls this year as being 0900 to 1700 but as you will see on the other thread, she was 0930 to 1630 that day. From your timings, it looks like it should be possible to do independently but bear in mind that any delays en-route could be crucial. The ship may well not wait for late pax who are on independent tours.

Heaven knows why the person you spoke to said that the ship is in until 1700 but all pax have to be back on board by 1430. Latest all-aboard time is usually 30 minutes before sailing.

I reckon whoever the op spoke to got mixed up and meant 16.30.

• Like 1