Showers and steam rooms in fitness center on S class

CU64

3 hours ago, Ships and Dip said:

S Class ships just have a sauna and showers in the mens and womens changing rooms up by the fitness center. No steam room in them. 

There's no Celebrity ship with complementary steam rooms in the locker rooms. S Class ships do have a sauna and individual stall showers in the spa/fitness center locker rooms for everyone to use. 

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

There's no Celebrity ship with complementary steam rooms in the locker rooms. S Class ships do have a sauna and individual stall showers in the spa/fitness center locker rooms for everyone to use. 

Ty to both of you who responded 

The S Class locker room is very small compared to the non revolutionized M class.  Still, there are 4 showers.  Rarely used in my experience.  They invite you to pour water into the sauna stove, which is a plus.    Those that sail AQ have free access to the Persian Garden, which does have steam (co-ed).

52 minutes ago, marieps said:

The S Class locker room is very small compared to the non revolutionized M class.  Still, there are 4 showers.  Rarely used in my experience.  They invite you to pour water into the sauna stove, which is a plus.    Those that sail AQ have free access to the Persian Garden, which does have steam (co-ed).

Ty. I think he will be happy that at least a shower as he usually prefers showering there…..especially after workout.

Sorry to piggyback on your question CU64, but I'm curious if anyone knows if any of the showers in the fitness center on S class have an accessible shower with a fold down seat?  We've requested a shower stool for our stateroom as husband is non weight bearing for a broken heel, but our room is not an accessible cabin.  It just occurred to me that an accessible shower stall in the fitness center may be much better for his showering needs.

1 hour ago, iamaqt2 said:

Sorry to piggyback on your question CU64, but I'm curious if anyone knows if any of the showers in the fitness center on S class have an accessible shower with a fold down seat?  We've requested a shower stool for our stateroom as husband is non weight bearing for a broken heel, but our room is not an accessible cabin.  It just occurred to me that an accessible shower stall in the fitness center may be much better for his showering needs.

Yes, the last stall shower is a large handicapped accessible with handrails and a fold down seat.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes, the last stall shower is a large handicapped accessible with handrails and a fold down seat.  

Thank you so much!  That's great news for DH.  He says thank you too!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marieps said:

Are you saying there are 2 separate areas for steam?  The "steam stove" in the locker room and Persian Gardens?  

2 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Are you saying there are 2 separate areas for steam?  The "steam stove" in the locker room and Persian Gardens?  

I will repeat, there's no Celebrity ship with complementary steam rooms located in the locker rooms. What that post was referring to is the locker room saunas in the S-Class ships allow for water to poured into the heating unit to produce a hotter heat. That's not the same as a steam room that emits constant steam. Of note not all sauna heating units allows for water to be poured into them. Which means you need to be careful and check each sauna. Usually there's signage that tells you whether you can or can't. A water bucket and ladle is a good indicator that it's OK.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

No, they have wooden bucket in the sauna and a slot where you can pour on the stove and regulate the humidity and boost the temp a bit.  It's a dry sauna.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 7:15 PM, marieps said:

They invite you to pour water into the sauna stove, which is a plus.    

Where is the sauna stove in the S class sauna? I've seen the wooden buckets and ladles in the S class sauna but never knew where to pour water. 

2 hours ago, Nado44 said:

Where is the sauna stove in the S class sauna? I've seen the wooden buckets and ladles in the S class sauna but never knew where to pour water. 

On the S-Class ships the sauna stove is hidden behind the wooden benches. If you look along the sauna walls there will be a small rectangular tray, a wooden enclosed metal box will a long slit in it, which is where you'll pour in the water. The water will travel through a tube until it reaches the heater. 

• Like 1