NCL PEARL AUG 2022 BOSTON - Videos, Pictures, and My Thoughts...

buffet24

LA CUCINA/CAGNEYS/LE BISTRO/MODERNOS

======================================

These 4 restaurants are Specialty Dining and will cost you extra fees.  They are all beautifully decorated and I am sure they have great food but we did not dine at any of them outside of the Specialty Teppanyaki above.

• Like 1

GARDEN CAFE

============

This is the main buffet on this ship like many other NCL ships.   They have just about everything you'd want except for Tacos!!!  I was surprised that there were no Tacos to be found on this cruise!!!  😁  But for on-the-go eating.. and if you have a big family, and want less fuss, Garden Cafe is as easy as it gets.  We enjoyed the food on the buffet.  😊

• Like 1

GREAT OUTDOORS CAFE

====================

If you walk through the Garden Cafe out to the back of the ship, you will find the Great Outdoors.   It is a casual, smaller buffet found... yes, outdoors.  😉

It serves breakfast, lunch and late night meals until 11:30PM.   It's a pretty relaxing space with great views and good food and drink options.  And yes, there is a bar out there too!!!  

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 8:29 PM, lollysails said:

Awesome information, thank you!  We're in a Club Balcony Suite on deck 11 on sailing September 15.  Very excited!  Enjoyed your videos 🙂

Thank you!

Yes!!! CB Suite was really nice for us...  Your sailing to Canada will be so awesome !!!  Wish I was going with you guys again!!! 😉

TEPPANYAKI EXPERIENCE

======================

Again, stated earlier in my thread, we chose to do the Teppanyaki twice on the ship for our 2 meal free dining package... and for us personally, we love the Teppanyaki the best!!!

The chefs work so hard and do a really great job to cook and keep us entertained.  Meal is very tasty.  I had the filet and chicken... the wife had filet and shrimp.   Love the soup and the salad and the dessert... but was so full, couldn't really finish the dessert!

Damn, we really do miss the Teppanyaki so much... 😁

• Like 1

REST OF OUR DINING CHOICES

==========================

And here is just a fire hose slide show of all the other meals we had on the ship.

The restaurants we dined during our 7 day cruise in order:

Teppanyaki

Summer Palace

Lotus Garden

Indigo

Lotus Garden

Summer Palace

Teppanyaki

And O'Sheehan's at every midnight!!!  🤪 

The last few slides show the O'Sheehan's meals in which we had the wings and pretzel bites...  God, I miss those midnight snacks at O'Sheean's!!!  😁

Edited by buffet24
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, buffet24 said:

Thank you!

Yes!!! CB Suite was really nice for us...  Your sailing to Canada will be so awesome !!!  Wish I was going with you guys again!!! 😉

My wife and I are on this cruise later this month, so I really appreciate your posts (I watched all the videos!).

I'm thinking of upgrading to a club balcony suite, but they're only on the deck under the pool and buffet deck.  Did you notice any noise from above?

On 9/3/2022 at 5:23 PM, mr_reiter said:

My wife and I are on this cruise later this month, so I really appreciate your posts (I watched all the videos!).

I'm thinking of upgrading to a club balcony suite, but they're only on the deck under the pool and buffet deck.  Did you notice any noise from above?

More videos to come!!!

I did worry about the potential noise before getting on board but our suite 11618, we were under the galley/kitchen area... and the noise was almost non-existent...  I really hope the same goes for you guys as well...  Enjoy your sailing!!!

image.thumb.png.16473061bd96b999d0a3609e9259e711.png

On 9/3/2022 at 6:27 PM, latebloomer56 said:

Thank you so much for these videos. Love food shots you did a great job. We will be on the Pearl in the spring, looking forward to enjoying the different venues.

You guys will love the Pearl!!!   Enjoy your sailing!!!

NOW THE FUN BEGINS!!!

====================

My next series of video clips will showcase all of the entertainment that was on the ship.   7 days is simply not enough to do everything they offer but here are just few of the things that we did and participated in. 

I will start with the Atrium video clip when it gets packed with people and you will usually find live music just about every night of your cruise.  This clip shows Seaside Duo who were fantastic!!!

POOL PARTY - DAY TIME EDITION

============================

On Sea Days... Pool Deck is the place to be...  And that was no different on our cruise.  Here you can see a ton of people packed with live band at times and also game shows with Cruise Staffers.   We miss this so much...  😁

Edited by buffet24

POOL PARTY - NIGHT TIME EDITION

==============================

On one of the evenings, they held a Dance Party at night time by the Pool Side and it was fabulous and everyone had a great time.   The band on the stage was called Funky Roots and they were absolutely the best and our favorite band of the cruise (although all of the other music acts were fantastic as well!!!).

PURE VARIETY SHOW and STAND UP COMEDY

=======================================

The PURE VARIETY SHOW was one of the Production Shows that had many different musical acts.  This clip showing the ABBA cover is just one of many that they had.   

The Standup Comedian on our cruise was Jon Stringer.  He was hilarious!  He did couple of shows... one Family Friendly and the other one was Adults Only show... to which many still brought their kids...  Jon was very personable as you saw him around the ship during off-stage hours.  This clip is Jon as he always started his shows with a funny dance routine...  😂

DANCE PARTIES at SPINNAKERS

===========================

And after every prime time shows at Stardust (we caught the 9PM shows every night)... we would migrate up to the Spinnakers Lounge for Dance Parties beginning at 10PM.  Most of the nights were rocked by the Funky Roots band.   And then at 11pm, DJ Remy would spin until 1AM.  This clip compiles a few different nights of these dance parties and it usually gets started with the Cruise Staffers trying to get people to come join them on the dance floor.   

This video clip ends with the Glow Party that takes place on Wednesday Evening at Sea.   Glow Party is absolutely a blast.  They give out 100 of these glow sticks to those who are willing to join them on the dance floor.   You will notice, it is a packed house!!!  The only reason to get Tested and Boosted is to attend the Glow Party!!!  😁

19 hours ago, racingraysswimmom said:

Thank you so much for all your information and video's.  I am really enjoying them and looking forward to our cruise on the Pearl September 30th!!

Wish we were going with ya!!!   You guys will love the Pearl!!!😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 10:39 PM, buffet24 said:

GARDEN CAFE

============

This is the main buffet on this ship like many other NCL ships.   They have just about everything you'd want except for Tacos!!!  I was surprised that there were no Tacos to be found on this cruise!!!  😁  But for on-the-go eating.. and if you have a big family, and want less fuss, Garden Cafe is as easy as it gets.  We enjoyed the food on the buffet.  😊

Thanks!! We were curious if the buffet was open like before the pandemic.  We sail on the Pearl in mid-October

Haven't been on Pearl in years. Pretty much the same. New carpet here and there. Looks like they brought the original paintings back in Summer Palace and got rid of the freaky ones they had for a while. We never liked the atrium set up.  But really liked Spinnaker lounge. 

Glad you had a nice cruise.